Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd Gmail favicon?

Options
  • 24-09-2013 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

I always have two gmail accounts open and the tabs pinned in chrome, yesterday I noticed one of them has an odd new favicon. Anybody know what this is about?
    on5N+

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

robocode wrote: »
    I always have two gmail accounts open and the tabs pinned in chrome, yesterday I noticed one of them has an odd new favicon. Anybody know what this is about?
    on5N+

Could be another websites favicon that Chrome incorrectly cached as the second Gmail a/c. Check the plugins you have enabled for anything that could be dodgy but I'm thinking it's just a chrome caching issue. Try do a CTRL and F5 refresh in the first Gmail account page, this forces a full refresh and may also refresh the favicon.
    On Mac I think it's command and F5 but don't quote me on this :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SolitaireX

My college mail has the same thing, is one of your email accounts administered by work or college?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

My college (UCD) Gmail recently changed to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Clearing the cache didn't sort it. It is a work account, maybe there's something in that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Google apps enabled accounts got it apparently. If you have 'labs' under settings theres an unread mail option that'll mostly change it back. Otherwise you're stuck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Thanks Crash, where did you come across that out of interest?

Advertisement