Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 14 Games Night

Options
  • 24-09-2013 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

Hello all.

I just got a copy of FIFA 14 for review purposes. Since I suck at FIFA and only ever play it socially with friends, I've invited 3 of my buddies around to my flat on Thursday night and we're gonna be playing FIFA 14 on my PC. I might even stream it for the lulz so you can see how awful I am (the other 3 play it a lot more than me). If there's anyone out there watching and playing on PC, we can add you in. I reckon if we can get some "flat vs the World" games going then it might be a bit of fun.

Regardless of all that, if anyone's got FIFA 14 for PC and wants to get some sort of grouping going, lets get it started. I should be able to play a bit tonight, but it will be late and I'm bust tomorrow night unfortunately.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So, the PC version, because it's tied to Origin, doesn't "unlock" until midnight, so I've got an XBox copy of the game (and I don't have a capture card, so I can't stream, sorry folks).

We're playing right now and having some fun. There is me playing as Spurs (when I used to watch football, they were the team I followed), my neighbour John playing Arsenal cause they were the first team on offer when he and I were starting the first game, then my friend Karma playing as his beloved United.

So far it's been a lot of fun, for the total casual FIFA and Soccer fan like me, it's enjoyable and I don't really have any cause for complaint :)

More as the evening progresses (and these ciders make their presence known).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 alaskas_friend

beauhie, add me on Origin for PC Fifa 14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I've been mad busy all day, but I wanted to throw a quick post up to say that I really enjoyed the evening's games. There were some improvements I saw in the game that I felt definitely added to it - mostly in how the players move and interact with each other and the ball. There was one particular moment where Karma and I were battling for a loose ball and we both said it really felt like we were battling shoulder to shoulder to get it rather than just pointing a controller where we were going.

Both John and I, who are both very much rank amateurs at the game never felt that the very obvious skill and knowledge gap with Karma were a problem and every game was close and enjoyable. John reckons that it was a real surprise as to how much fun he had with it as it wouldn't be the sort of game he'd normally play.

I reckon if you're already a FIFA fan, you're probably already picking this up anyway, but if you fancy a foot-the-ball or indeed a good pick for a game to play with your friends whilst you're all having a few beers in someone's house, this is definitely worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 alaskas_friend

I agree, I think it's a relatively decent update - considering you can't really change the game of football too drastically. It really does feel like there's more "strength" in the game.

Another tip to note: In FIFA 13, dribbling with the shoulder buttons was really important. It still is in 14, but sometimes you can achieve quicker, swifter movement lightly moving the right stick without holding the shoulder buttons. It's useful when you're not in a tight area but just looking to move the ball into another direction.

Advertisement