Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happened to auto sync?

• 24-09-2013 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

I updated my Xperia P to the latest version of android at the weekend. All in all, it's a refreshing improvement but I've found one major problem: it seems to be impossible to set my phone to auto-sync.

It's a real nuisance because I now have to refresh various email accounts constantly to collect my messages, whereas before they came through automatically.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Is there a way to overcome this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

From what you describe I'm nearly sure I had the same problem when upgrading to Jelly Bean a good few months back, when you pull your notification bar down, you have a lot more than usual, swipe left 'til you get to the end of the options bar (not sure what it's called exactly but where you turn the sound/wifi/data on) and there is a "Sync" option (on my phone anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

With the new Labels in Gmail you may be only receiving notifications for your primary email. However you change this as well as the sync.

When you're viewing emails for a label e.g. "Social", click on your menu button then "Label Settings".
    You can then change your sync and notification options.

Advertisement