Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackson Court Stay

Options
  • 24-09-2013 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Right people,

Staying in this place the friday & saturday night for the hurling & women football weekend :cool:... Is it a good place to go or what??

Thanks for your replies,

:)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Easy access to Coppers, which means easy access to...

Hey OP, I've moved your thread to the Dublin City forum where you'll get better answers.

Please read the charter before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eire1987

oh right :cool: didnt realise its near coppers.... so obviously a good thing!!?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Coppers is in the Jackson Court Hotel, as in it's the same building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I hope you're not intending to get a good quiets night sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

It depends, if you're planning on just drinking in Coppers down below and then stumbling up to bed, yeah maybe. If you actually want to get to sleep before 6 am stay somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Yamanoto wrote: »

great reviews though :)
    stayed in this hotel never again. upon arrival we were left waitin we finally got our keys got to the room couldn't swing a cat in it and it was like a furnis impossible to sleep that night. rang reception as there was no controls for tele receptionist told us to come and get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

They will probably serve till 4.30/5am this weekend so don't expect to sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Lux23 wrote: »
    They will probably serve till 4.30/5am this weekend so don't expect to sleep!

Funny that how Coppers can stay open til that time because of the clientele, yet if Twisted Pepper or somewhere like that tried staying open later after closing time the cops would fine the crap out of them....

One rule for one, another rule for others....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Fieldog wrote: »
    Funny that how Coppers can stay open til that time because of the clientele, yet if Twisted Pepper or somewhere like that tried staying open later after closing time the cops would fine the crap out of them....

Coppers is owned by an ex-garda.........

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭emilyjmc

Word of warning - make sure your hotel room door locks. Pals of mine stayed there before and were woken sometime in the early hours when a randy couple walked in to their room. Rude awakening!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Had a good laugh reading through those TripAdvisor reviews. I think they're the most consistently bad I've seen yet. I'd nearly love to call in just to meet that receptionist. Good luck OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Place is like a furnace, so if the noise doesn't make it impossible to sleep, the heat certainly will! It's not a very nice hotel tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Those reviews are great entertainment. :pac:

Seriously though; staying above Coppers, you should know exactly what you're getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

emilyjmc wrote: »
    Word of warning - make sure your hotel room door locks. Pals of mine stayed there before and were woken sometime in the early hours when a randy couple walked in to their room. Rude awakening!!

Id actually like that tbf :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Fieldog wrote: »

All the clubs on Harcourt street open late tbh, and they're not the only ones.

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    All the clubs on Harcourt street open late tbh, and they're not the only ones.

Yea, the Guards aren't going to enforce that 2.30am rule as long as you aren't creating trouble for them. Coppers/D2 etc have great security teams so they look after everything themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Cant understand how they get away with serving so late,doubt the security teams are on the street.Maybe the head doormen good but a lot just contract guys I guess

sasta le wrote: »
    Cant understand how they get away with serving so late,doubt the security teams are on the street.Maybe the head doormen good but a lot just contract guys I guess

As far as I know Coppers have a security team of 30 and they are mostly permanent staff.

The reason they are allowed is the Guard connection, although generally the serving times for most clubs have been relaxed.

• Advertisement

Ok didn't know they were permanent that's a good move.But a lot of places just have contract guys.Thats totally wrong them being allowed to serve over the Garda connection

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

sasta le wrote: »
    Ok didn't know they were permanent that's a good move.But a lot of places just have contract guys.Thats totally wrong them being allowed to serve over the Garda connection

Plenty of places on Harcourt Street serve past half 2 with no garda connection. If coppers was allowed operate only because of this rumor, surely another nightclub owner could or has tried to challenge this.

Plenty of places on Harcourt Street serve past half 2 with no garda connection. If coppers was allowed operate only because of this rumor, surely another nightclub owner could or has tried to challenge this.

You would think so, but they just follow suit.

I don't see the harm in it though, it's not like there are many who spend every day of the week in Coppers.

More power to them but if I was a club I would like to be able to have 2 hours of extra trading!

Advertisement