Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rte player

Options
  • 24-09-2013 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Don't no if people no but just got home from work and there was a pic of damo and iver clicked on it and the rte player downloaded

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Thanks downloading it now. Nice one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

gotthebug wrote: »
    Don't no if people no but just got home from work and there was a pic of damo and iver clicked on it and the rte player downloaded

Was just coming to post the same, have to say i was surprised to see damo and ivor on the dash :D

Edit: No live TV like the android app has and missing a few things I watch :(

working for anyone else? I've got a server unavailable message on it over the last few nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

calex71 wrote: »
    working for anyone else? I've got a server unavailable message on it over the last few nights.

Same here. Been out since Monday when I went to watch Love/Hate. Working fine on the Blu-Ray player!

Cheers Blue, wasn't on my normal connection so wasn't sure if it was that or the app, joke that it doesn't even show on the list of apps on the xbox status site either. It was working on thursday as I actually watched love hate on it then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

calex71 wrote: »
    Edit: No live TV like the android app has and missing a few things I watch :(

RTÉ and government always banging on about how many platforms you can consume RTÉ tv and radio on, to justify the universal broadcasting charge or whatever it is called, yet the actual delivery of it is below par in some cases and broken in others.

- No live tv on xbox.
    - No live streaming full stop during popular sporting events, because they get hammered. Either do it right or get lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

RTÉ and government always banging on about how many platforms you can consume RTÉ tv and radio on, to justify the universal broadcasting charge or whatever it is called, yet the actual delivery of it is below par in some cases and broken in others.

- No live tv on xbox.
    - No live streaming full stop during popular sporting events, because they get hammered. Either do it right or get lost.

Its not that bad. As far as I know only Sky does live TV on the xbox for UK and Ireland - not the BBC or Channel 4 and not RTÉ.

As for sporting events online - I've watched Champions League matches live on the RTÉ player on PC.

The RTÉ player on Xbox is a catch up service, like 4od or iPlayer on Xbox. You still get top shows like Homeland in addition to local stuff - its not like all you have are reruns of The Riordans or Glenroe on it.

Advertisement