Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long do people receive rent allowance?

Options
  • 24-09-2013 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,
    Just wondering how long do people be on rent allowance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Are you asking for statistics about the average length of time that welfare claimants receive RA for?

Or are you asking about the rules for how long an individual can get it for? If the latter, then I'd suggest asking the mods to move this to state benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

As far as I know,
    as long as you are reciept of social welfare and eligble for rent allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I understand it is considered a poverty level payment, so a recipient is entitled to it for as long as their circumstances entitle them to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mary1989

Are you asking for statistics about the average length of time that welfare claimants receive RA for?

Or are you asking about the rules for how long an individual can get it for? If the latter, then I'd suggest asking the mods to move this to state benefits.

Yes, it's the statistics I am after as to how long people usuall receive RA.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

mary1989 wrote: »
    Yes, it's the statistics I am after as to how long people usuall receive RA.

If you're actually seeking statistics- you will need to contact the Department. There is no point in taking the experiences of a hand-full of people who may or may not respond here, as indicative of what you may expect. Aside from anything else- the rules, and indeed how the rules are applied, may vary from region to region, and from officer to officer. A significant number of decisions are challenged- some successfully, some not so.

You really need to contact the Department- as anyone giving you figures here could be wildly inaccurate.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement