Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exporting *titled* memos from iPhone to PC easily?

• 24-09-2013 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

People on my course are recording classes using the Voice Memo app on their iPhones. Unfortunately it has not proved easy to copy the voice memos to a Windows PC and keep their titles intact.

I first connected their iPhone to my own Win 8 laptop:

Top right in iTunes selected the device. From there I was able to sync their iPhone with iTunes (which I do not usually use) and it gave me an option to also sync the memos which I opted for. I can now view the memos in iTunes by selecting songs. Trying to export them I selected them all and dragged them to a folder on my desktop and although this did export them it annoyingly removes all of the titles and I end up with many similarly names files like 20130913 103704.m4a.

Is there anyway to just sync the memos, is there a better way to export them from iTunes, and is there anyway to retain the file names automatically? Maybe there is third party software that can do this?

I then tried the same on my classmate's Win Vista laptop:

We could only seem to access the memo files from the iPhone (with the iPhone actually connected) as when I tried to sync iTunes said it would have to delete everything on iPhone - is there anyway around this?

Also, when selecting all the memos and trying to drag and drop them into a folder it did not allow them to be dragged - any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Also, is there anyway to get the left Window menu to appear where it used to show devices etc?

Advertisement