Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running shoe options

Options
  • 24-09-2013 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Hi

Ive been wearing Zoots for the past 3 years and really liked them but i need a new pair so looking around at different brands

Any recommendations around the €80-120 mark?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭widespread

call into amphibian king limerick. Bought new running shoes there last week. Excellent service excellent shoe. Really happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

widespread wrote: »
    call into amphibian king limerick. Bought new running shoes there last week. Excellent service excellent shoe. Really happy.

Bit of a trek from Kildare though :D. There are AK shops in Ballymount and Ashtown who will be able to help advise on the most suitable shoes for you. Shoes can be a very individual thing based on a number of factors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

ecoli wrote: »
    Bit of a trek from Kildare though :D. There are AK shops in Ballymount and Ashtown who will be able to help advise on the most suitable shoes for you. Shoes can be a very individual thing based on a number of factors

Screw that, we're triathletes, we want the fastest and most expensive.

Make sure you tell em that in AK! :D

Serious answer, ecoli is right, gait, weight, distance, experience, surface, use (training/racing) all have a part to play in shoe selection, and AK is probably the best place to go for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Daz1214 wrote: »
    Hi

Ive been wearing Zoots for the past 3 years and really liked them but i need a new pair so looking around at different brands

Any recommendations around the €80-120 mark?

Thanks

Are they Zoot racers or training shoes? Best advice I can add to the mix of excellent advice you've gotten so far :D is to look at a shoe in terms of where 75% of the use is.

If you are looking for a dual purpose training / racing shoe something is going to give. Either its too light to support you properly on LSR runs or possibly cause an injury and then it may not be durabel enough to get maximum value from.

Right now I'd suggest you forget the 'racing' mindset, get a shoe that is durable and supportive for Winter - Spring training and a few weeks ahead of your race season add a racing shoe to the mix.

Best of both worlds and the right tool for each job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

The zoots are being used for everything at the moment, both training and racing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Tenner says he comes out of there with a pair of on clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

tunney wrote: »
    Tenner says he comes out of there with a pair of on clouds.

Only if they are right for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Only if they are right for him.

Was going to pop into AK ashtown soon. I wear newton distancia all yr round.. Winter and summer training and racing. I believe i have a neutral gait and high arches. I tried to break away from newton a couple of years ago by trying saucony kinvara.. I wore them for 3 runs and got knee pain.. So that was end of them. I plan on doing some cross country races this winter and am also hoping to try other road shoes. Anyone any recommendations ?

Advertisement