Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba won't connect to Internet.

Options
  • 24-09-2013 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭

Evening.

I have a satellite L4500-11W and it has recently stopped connecting to the wireless. My phone, work laptop and work phone have no trouble connecting. The Toshiba can see the networks but can not connect. It can wirelessly connect to the a phone hot spot.

Any ideas of a fix? Please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

What's the OS? Did it connect OK previously? Try deleting the profile for the connection and create a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi, using windows 7. Was working ok, would drop out, but mostly worked. A coue of days ago it just stopped connecting. It constantly tries too.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Is it connecting through the Toshiba Config Free software ? If yes uninstall it and use the built in Wifi settings to connect to your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

NeoRox wrote: »
    Is it connecting through the Toshiba Config Free software ? If yes uninstall it and use the built in Wifi settings to connect to your router.

How do I tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

The configfree icon should be located to the left of your clock in the lower right part of the screen.

When you click on it it should look something like but not exactly like this.

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/topic/5850-configfree-multiple-network-profile-manager/

Is it something like this you are seeing when trying to connect ?

If yes Click Start - All Programs - TOSHIBA - ConfigFree - Connectivity Doctor and run that to see if that helps.

If not is it giving you an error message when it wont connect to the network ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement