Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Assignments...

Options
  • 24-09-2013 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,230 ✭✭✭✭

So, I'm doing a masters and my first assignment is a group one.
    There's 5 of us and we each have varying amounts of experience but no-one's done group assignments before. We're getting on pretty well, but we don't really have a plan.
    I'm wondering if anyone has any experience and if they can possibly point me in the direction of some web resources for something like that. What I'm specifically looking for are work flows or something similar so that when we sit down to discuss how to split up tasks etc we have a few prepared options we can use as inspiration.
    I had assumed I'd find something with a bit of googling but I can't find much at all. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions about how we'd do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 meryberry

• Registered Users Posts: 16,230 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Thanks for that. I'm just finishing off one now. 6 people started. Two dropped from the course. We split up the remaining work and tried to get it done. It turns out that one of the group had never typed so much as a paragraph in their life. We found out this with less than a week to go. All along the way they kept nodding and saying they knew exactly what they were doing. instead of the 800 words they were ment to type they copied bullet points and transcribed them in block capitals.

Advertisement