Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing from arts to science

• 24-09-2013 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

basically, im in first year arts atm, and was wondering if its atall possible to change from arts to science? MH201 was my second choice with arts being my third, i missed out on science by 15 points, just wondering if i could change within the year instead of waiting til next year?

-cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Go talk to the lads/ladies in the Admissions office! They'll be able to set you straight!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RuairiMul

alright cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LedZeppelin

It is possible to make an internal transfer to another course, provided you meet the minimum requirements for your new course :) I switched from a BA to a B.Sc. last year. But yeah as Marko93 said, Admissions office is best place to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Once you satisfy the entry requirements and have the necessary points etc it should be possible. Now it mightn't be fully possible to transfer to any course as it may depend on how many places are left in the course etc. I transferred from a BBL to a B.A Psychology last year and there was no problem. However, a friend from mine wanted to transfer from the B.Mus to the B.A English degree and he wasn't allowed because there wasn't a place for him!

But if it's a general science degree i'd imagine you'd be fine!

Advertisement