Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find a phone number?

Options
  • 24-09-2013 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I'm going to be moving house soon. I'm looking at properties at the moment and I seem to recollect there is a number you can ring to find out what the phone number was if a line was ever connected to the house previously?

I need the info to find out how good the broadband is before deciding on where to move(looking at Ennis/Quin/Newmarket on Fergus in Co.Clare atm).
    Thanks in advance!

Oh and I've had my current contract with Eircom for 3 years, how long do I need to give to close the line (unlikely it will be the same number) or to transfer (in case it can stay the same)? What number should I ring at eircom to do so?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

djiffou wrote: »
    I'm going to be moving house soon. I'm looking at properties at the moment and I seem to recollect there is a number you can ring to find out what the phone number was if a line was ever connected to the house previously?

I need the info to find out how good the broadband is before deciding on where to move(looking at Ennis/Quin/Newmarket on Fergus in Co.Clare atm).
    Thanks in advance!

Oh and I've had my current contract with Eircom for 3 years, how long do I need to give to close the line (unlikely it will be the same number) or to transfer (in case it can stay the same)? What number should I ring at eircom to do so?
    Hi djiffou

If you want to DM the full address of the house you are moving to, I can check that for you. Or you can check if there is a socket at the new address plug in a phone handset to see if there is a dial tone - if so you can dial 199000 and it will call back the telephone number on the line.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 37 djiffou

Thanks in advance!

Hi djiffou

If you want to DM the full address of the house you are moving to, I can check that for you. Or you can check if there is a socket at the new address plug in a phone handset to see if there is a dial tone - if so you can dial 199000 and it will call back the telephone number on the line.

Mark
    Thanks Mark for the quick reply. Have not decided yet where to move (have till the end of November to do so).
    I'll get back to you as soon as I know more.

Thanks in advance!

Hi djiffou

Mark
    Thanks Mark for the quick reply. Have not decided yet where to move (have till the end of November to do so).
    No problem djiffou

Feel free to PM us anytime.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 37 djiffou

Thanks in advance!

Hi djiffou

Mark
    No problem djiffou

Mark
    Thanks Mark, I just sent you a PM.

Thanks in advance!

Hi djiffou

Mark
    No problem djiffou

Mark
    Thanks Mark, I just sent you a PM.
    Hi djiffou

Just updating the thread, sorry about the wait. let me know if you have any follow up queries on the PM I sent you earlier.

Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement