Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking on an 8th subject in 6th year??

• 24-09-2013 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I'm wanting to take on an extra subject this year but I don't know if it a good idea or not at the moment I'm studying English, Irish, Maths, French, Biology, Physics and DCG. Is there any subjects that I could pick up easily and learn within the year ? Or should I scrap this idea ? thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

I'm wanting to take on an extra subject this year but I don't know if it a good idea or not at the moment I'm studying English, Irish, Maths, French, Biology, Physics and DCG. Is there any subjects that I could pick up easily and learn within the year ? Or should I scrap this idea ? thanks :)

Honestly i just don't understand why you would put that extra pressure on yourself this year when you can only count 6 subjects.I get one 'back-up' but not two. Just out of interest why do you want to ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Out of those subjects do you feel like you'll get a C in any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Billiethepup

Economics is doable in a year. Or if your doing higher maths and higher physics and your a genius at both of these maybe applied maths as although its tough there's a bit of crossover from both. But unless your considering dropping to ordinary in one/two of what you have I'd put the time into them instead, its enough workload as is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Unless you have 2 subjects out of that 7 that you're definitely crap at, you're better off putting the extra time into improving the ones you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 soupyryan13

Im going to end up dropping to OL Maths and maybe french so that's kinda why I'm thinking about it. but the thing is at the moment I am struggling to even do my homework never mind study I just can't find a way of settling into a routine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Im going to end up dropping to OL Maths and maybe french so that's kinda why I'm thinking about it. but the thing is at the moment I am struggling to even do my homework never mind study I just can't find a way of settling into a routine.

I think if you are able for the maths, try it but think French might be a easier subject to pass it depends if youre a maths or language person. In terms of taking on a subject i think its a bad idea theres enough to cover as it is. That being said, if youre looking for 500+, and think you will work hard to cover it then the usual ag/economics should do. In terms of settling into a routine, suck it up its only 8months :)

Advertisement