Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4g masts

Options
  • 24-09-2013 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I don't know if this is the correct area for this post but here goes.

I came home this evening to find work men installing new 4g masts 20 meters away from our house. Does anyone know if they need any sort of permission to do this?? eg planning permission and the likes or is there a set limit they need to be installed away from homes?
    I'm worried as I have a 1 year old at home and as this is so different from 3g and GSM it could cause health effects and the like.
    Anybodys input on this would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭lotas

comreg would be the guys who will tell you where they can and cant put the box... as for health issues, i doubt it you have anything to worry about... was there an existing 3G mast there? given 4G is using frequencies that where already in use for analog TV or other wireless devices, you should be all good... with better connection to boot...

Do you mind me asking the following:

1: where was this installed?
    2: what provider where they with?
    3: how do you know it was 4g? did they say so? could be just a 3G upgrade...

Advertisement