Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transplant Bamboo??

• 24-09-2013 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I know of a LOT of wild bamboo growing nearby and I'm wondering would it be easy to relocate? The guy who owns the land said I can work away at it but its a bit of a hike to get to the location so wouldn't be dragging big clumps of it across fields etc!

If I managed to dig a section of it out could I cut a small part from the main ball and replant?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

short answer , yes, but wait till about nov.
    bamboos are just large grasses and are pretty much bullet proof.
    they have no natural pests od diseases.......apart from humans;)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭inocybe

Think twice - if there's a lot of it in a wild place it means it's one of the vigorous running varieties, could become very invasive in your garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

Plant it in a large container to prevent it taking over your garden. Otherwise you'll be asking other people to take it away.

Advertisement