Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on partner 457 visa application

• 24-09-2013 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi would really appreciate all the help my partner and i are going out since december 2010 we lived together for a year and half he recently moved to oz in january and he got approved sponsorship in august.

I am going over to him on a 3 week holiday in a few weeks and we are looking at me getting added on his 457 visa.
    He was on my car insurance from oct 2010 to january 2013 and we have a lease from july 2011 to january 2013,also pictures,wedding invites,emails.

do we have enough evidence?also i am living in ireland and would i have to apply from here or does his company apply for me to be added?

any help would be greatly appreciated
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

My girlfriend got sponsored recently and I was added to it. Fairly easy process tbh. We were in the middle of travelling Asia when she got the job offer and all of our stuff was boxed up back home. All we provided was a copy of our old lease and it was enough! We had fully expected to get a letter or email saying we needed more proof, in which case I would have had to get my mother to dig through our boxes! But the day we flew to Oz herself got an email with the visas granted!

To apply, her company have her the codes to do it online herself. We had to pay the $900 each but she's claiming it back from them now. We managed to do it in a Internet cafe in Thailand so it ain't that bad! Took about an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 2 grifflady

tanks for the quick reply graham did your girlfriends company put in the application for you to be added or did ye have to do that yereselves?what form had ye to fill out and did it take long once ye applied for you to be added to your girlfriends visa

tanks:)sorri for all de questions
    sorri only saw de bit now about company givin ye codes thailand so nice wud be nice:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I don't think the company had anything to do with me being DeFacto (her +1 pretty much) on her Visa. They gave her the codes to sort it all out online. She didn't have a 457 before applying, she applied and during the process it asks "do you want to add any DeFacto partners?". We both got our Visas at the same time.

We filled in the forms online and paid the fee around a month and a half before arriving in Australia. I can't remember exactly what we needed to send them copies of though. I know we deffo sent the old lease (again I was surprised that was enough as I could of made it in Word and turned it into a PDF!), and I think we had to send them copies of our passports. Its all prompted to you when you're filling in the forms on their site.

I think we sent in the last bits of info around the 20th August and she got the email saying they were granted on the 4th September, worked out well as we sere sitting ready to board our flight to Brisbane when we saw the email! We both had WHV's sorted (ended up being a waste of money!) so weren't in any major panic to get the application through. I guess if we had of sent them all the stuff they needed at the beginning it would of been earlier.

I'm rambling here...it took about two weeks after we sent the last of our stuff! Oh and one other thing, the code we first got didn't work, it took a bit of too-ing and fro-ing of emails to the employer before we were able to even start the application.

Advertisement