Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford bus

Options
  • 24-09-2013 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I will be moving to wexford in a few days time and I'd like to get an idea of what buses I can take that will drop as close to wexford business park in drinagh.

Looking at the wexford bus to route to kilmore, there's a possibility that it could drop me near drinagh. But it depends on what route it takes or even if the bus route is still in operation.

Using Google maps I got a simple route but does anyone know if it this route taken ? This route is froom wexford o'Hanrahan station to bridgestown.

Suggestions welcome

9ap6.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

http://wexfordbus.com/timetables/wexford-to-rosslare/

You want the Rosslare bus and ask to be dropped off at Sinnottstown Lane/Celtic Linen. There may be other people on the bus getting off at the same stop.

Fare will be €3.50 single or €18 weekly

http://wexfordbus.com/fares/wexford-rosslare-strand/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I would have to be in work at that time .

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭hypersonic

it's an easy cycle, flat with a cycle lane, if the bus doesn't work out.

Two problems. I don't gave a bike & if I did I can't cycle one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Maybe your best bet is to walk/taxi the first week and see if there is anyone working in the same place that could give you a lift in return for a fuel donation?

Loads of people work in Drinagh and would be heading out from Town. My OH works out there, and even in our estate there are a few that work in the same place.

Drinagh is about a 30 - 40 minute walk from town (I can walk from Clonard to Drinagh in about 1 hour with a dog that needs to pee everywhere!!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I would have to be in work at that time .

Sure give them a call

Wexford Bus

Phone: 053 9142742
    Address: Rathaspeck, Wexford
    Email: info@wexfordbus.com

You could of course ask about Taxis in your workplace too, a lot of people share taxis to/fro and get a weekly deal or so I've heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

hypersonic wrote: »
    it's an easy cycle, flat with a cycle lane, if the bus doesn't work out.

That's a fair trek for a walk. What would it take, an hour, more???

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

oldyouth wrote: »
    That's a fair trek for a walk. What would it take, an hour, more???

It would be about 5 kilometres, yeh about an hour I'd say, might be worth it first day till the op finds their feet and maybe links up with someone for a lift as per a previous poster's suggestion, i.e. petrol share

Hi I called wexford bus and it seems the only bus that will serve is to rosslare which I anticipated.

TBH I don't mind walking, I've already walked from the IDA to town which was 50min walk so its grand.

Whar aree your thoughts in living in wexford tpwn itaself e.g rowe street , georgre stret or 5min from o'Hanrahan station ?

Is it safe ? Noisy ? or okay ? And what's a good p[rice to pay ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I would say that any of those streets would be fine.

Before you rent a place I would hop on google streetview and see if there is a pub on the street you are renting on. Some of the streets around Rowe St, Hanrahan station are really noisy late at night after the pubs/nightclubs are shut.

• Advertisement

So my house mate told me that a bus leaves redmond square to Celtic linen.

I called wexford bus and they confirmed it but it leaves at 7:25 and departs at 4:20 and I start work and 9 and finish at 5.

I'll see if I can start work at 8 and finish at 4.

But it's

Advertisement