Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

court of appeals

• 25-09-2013 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi,

just wondering does anyone know how much written notice you get of an appeal court date? its for a driving offence and cant really find any info online regarding length of notice.

any answers would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dubgurl

Think it's about 14 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wicklow1989

Thanks, doesn't seem like a lot of notice really :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Here's the link setting out the situation on appeals

http://www.courts.ie/offices.nsf/0/D7E36E402188EA1080256E7700649E6A?OpenDocument

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

hi,

just wondering does anyone know how much written notice you get of an appeal court date? its for a driving offence and cant really find any info online regarding length of notice.

any answers would be greatly appreciated :)

I take from your post (and I may be wrong) that you are asking how much notice an appellant will be given by the Circuit Court office in relation to an appeal if personally lodged.

Well my understanding is that it varies from Circuit to Circuit, as some circuits have multiple appeal days a term others only a few, some circuits have set days for hearing traffic appeals, and lastly depends on the backlog in the circuit. But I would assume a number of weeks notice should be given. Make sure that the CC office has upto date address, and if worried a telephone call should get you the info you require.

Some circuits have criminal cases you can find here http://www.courts.ie/legaldiary.nsf/LookupPageLink/Provincial+Diary?OpenDocument&l=en

For example on the 17th September Wicklow sitting in Bray, there is a Criminal appeal on that date, it can be cumbersome searching through the lists and not all circuits list Criminal cases/traffic cases, and the lists are usually only a term in advance.

BTW I was suppressed to see a large number of sittings in the Eastern Circuit in September. From the OP's name I'm assuming Wicklow is the area, if so a number f appeals being heard in Wicklow sitting at Bray on the 8th October, 2013.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I would assume that they would give a few weeks notice. I emailed the circuit court office today so should be interesting to see. It is bray district court that I would be going to, and yes the next date is the 8the of October for one week. But surely they would give more than one weeks notice?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I would assume that they would give a few weeks notice. I emailed the circuit court office today so should be interesting to see. It is bray district court that I would be going to, and yes the next date is the 8the of October for one week. But surely they would give more than one weeks notice?

I'm confused, are you appealing a District Court decision to the Circuit Court or are you appealing some other decision to the District Court. As you mention it's Bray District Court but you contacted the Circuit Court.

Yes, I appealed a district court decision to the circuit court. The information on the courts website is very vague regarding length of notice. I contacted the "circuit court diary"(contact details were on courts.ie). I would hope they would give sufficient notice, so I can contact my solicitor etc.

Yes, I appealed a district court decision to the circuit court. The information on the courts website is very vague regarding length of notice. I contacted the "circuit court diary"(contact details were on courts.ie). I would hope they would give sufficient notice, so I can contact my solicitor etc.

If you have a solicitor on the matter he will get the list from the Court Office.

Advertisement