Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

improving my irish

• 25-09-2013 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Dia Duit,

My wife and I are looking to improve our irish as we would like our son to have irish from a young age and to educate him in a gael scoil (he is ten wks old)

My irish would be poor (C in ordinary LC '02) whilst my OH would have pretty good irish is there any groups we could join that just speak irish to improve our irish? We're based in Tallaght any information would be great thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭craoltoir

South Dublin Libraries:

Classes 1pm on Tuesdays in County Library, Library Square Tallaght. Contact: 4620073

Also conversation group in same location Fridays at 2pm

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

enroll him in Naionra and your local gaelscoil now depending on where you live demand might way exceed supply. We ended up in our 3rd choice school due to moving house with a 12 month old:(
    We spoke irish to our kids from birth and there ended up being some things they only knew in irish for a while and some in english,use what ever words you have with them and by 4 they start correcting you:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭deirdremf

talla10 wrote: »
    Dia Duit,

My wife and I are looking to improve our irish as we would like our son to have irish from a young age and to educate him in a gael scoil (he is ten wks old)

My irish would be poor (C in ordinary LC '02) whilst my OH would have pretty good irish is there any groups we could join that just speak irish to improve our irish? We're based in Tallaght any information would be great thanks!
    Look at pages 4 and 5 of this link, under BÁC 24.
    http://www.ionad.org/nuachtathacliath/
    There is info about all parts of Dublin, if you are regularly in some other part of the city.

Ádh mór!

Advertisement