Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos 3 for 2 toys

• 25-09-2013 8:08am

Promotion starts again this morning on toys. Argos.ie children's bikes are also included. Don't forget to reserve before you leave home. Offer ends 1st October. Happy shopping!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 paulbohs

I'd like to get a bike for 120 but I can't afford to buy 3 things around 120 and don't want to either. Anyone else in a similar situation and want to go in on the deal together?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

paulbohs wrote: »
    I'd like to get a bike for 120 but I can't afford to buy 3 things around 120 and don't want to either. Anyone else in a similar situation and want to go in on the deal together?

Thats a good idea (i amnt interested myself) but you should include location!

Maybe put it in the parenting forum too, someone might be looking for a shopping buddy there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I think its worth noting that this sale is on all toys (pretty much).

Its a pretty amazing sale really that includes Lego aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

includes Lego aswell.

uh oh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Rael

uh oh

I was pricing the Lego Star wars yesterday. I'm in my early 30s so Lego + Star Wars + Childhood Nostalgia of both = Big temptation / Bad news for my wallet. Ultimately decided against collecting it on the grounds of financial responsibility. (When I get into something, I'm a completist) Was so tempted though :)

FYI, the Lego X-Wing & A-Wing fighters are the same price in Argos as in Smyths (€60 & €30) but everything else is cheaper in Smyths so the offer is a bit limiting for that range.

The only thing Argos has that Smyths doesn't, is the UCS R2D2 for €180.00.

Might have been a different story for me if Argos had the Super Star Destroyer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm banned from buying anymore Lego for the young lad,saw the Star Destroyer in Smyth's, €430:eek:

Ah..Lego....has anyone else here managed to step on a stray bit in the dark while checking on sleeping children???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,595 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Ah..Lego....has anyone else here managed to step on a stray bit in the dark while checking on sleeping children???

Yip. It bloody hurts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Rael wrote: »
    I was pricing the Lego Star wars yesterday. I'm in my early 30s so Lego + Star Wars + Childhood Nostalgia of both = Big temptation / Bad news for my wallet. Ultimately decided against collecting it on the grounds of financial responsibility. (When I get into something, I'm a completist) Was so tempted though :)

FYI, the Lego X-Wing & A-Wing fighters are the same price in Argos as in Smyths (€60 & €30) but everything else is cheaper in Smyths so the offer is a bit limiting for that range.

The only thing Argos has that Smyths doesn't, is the UCS R2D2 for €180.00.

Might have been a different story for me if Argos had the Super Star Destroyer :)

picked up the republic gunship, Jek 14 starfighter and AT-TE for €187. thats a €70 saving from smyths. They're for my 4 year old. He's not getting them all, one for xmas, one for birthday.....but boy would I love to break them out now and build them!! :o

• Advertisement

picked up the republic gunship, Jek 14 starfighter and AT-TE for €187. thats a €70 saving from smyths. They're for my 4 year old. He's not getting them all, one for xmas, one for birthday.....but boy would I love to break them out now and build them!! :o

You could always "test" it - in the interests of checking all the pieces are in it :D Great saving you made, joking aside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Do it, do it nowwwww:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

You could always "test" it - in the interests of checking all the pieces are in it :D Great saving you made, joking aside.

Yeah, how's he to know that Lego kits don't come preassembled now.

Yeah, how's he to know that Lego kits don't come preassembled now.

Plus he's only 4, plus he didn't pay for it, get it out and play with it :D

Have fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Any recommendations for a 2 year old? Need to get a few new things for her!

Cianos wrote: »

From some of the stuff we have here, off the top of my head I'd recommend the Little People Disney Princess Castle. Or Mothercare & ELC carry a brilliant range called Happyland, cute little fairy people etc. They often do good reductions on them. Either of the above brands are unbreakable, un-choke-able-on, and if you step on bits you won't sound like a sailor :o

Edit: I have read on various sites that Peppa playsets are total cr*p, so I have stayed away from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Edit: I have read on various sites that Peppa playsets are total cr*p, so I have stayed away from them.

Id echo this. Ive seen a few of the peppa playsets out of the box and the quality is shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Cianos wrote: »

I'd second the Happyland/ELC stuff, our 3 year (and her friends) still plays with them, great quality and very safe BUT I wouldn't pay full price, wait for a "half price" sale, they're often on. The houses are lovely, she plays with hers now with all her other little figures (Minnie, Mickey Mouse etc.- also good toys especially a little playset like Minnie's Pet Parlour which you can take out and about e.g. to restaurants while you TRY to have a meal...!! :)) as well. One of the best of the Happyland toys that she got was the Alien Space Station (Can't remember the proper name of it) but it's a big toy with a slide, beds for the aliens, a garage etc. She got it as a first birthday present and has played with it constantly ever since.

I found Play Doh also great at that age and very good for encouraging dexterity as well (tho' I'm sick of the sight of the stuff now, remionds me of wet Winter's days last year!!!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Just a word of warning. I was looking at 2 of these http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9046175/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CToys%2Band%2Bgames%7C14417629/c_2/3%7Ccat_19747020%7C2%2Bfor%2B40%2Beuros%2Bon%2BToys%7C33777806.htm
    As part of the 2 for €40 deal but when I checked amazon I can get 2 for €30. Anyway the 3 for 2 is a really good deal but just be sure to compare prices.

• Advertisement
Advertisement