If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MONITOR AUDIO RADIUS HD / SILVER SERIES CLEARANCE

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

As a matter of interest what finish are the 370 subs?
    Oh, and has my 250 shipped yet?
    Cheers

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Do you still have the 270hd floor standing pair? Might have a look at them or other options when I'm up on Thursday (as per the boxing day sale thread)
    I've a pair of monitor bx2 book shelfs which will either become my main speakers on zone one with the Denon avrx3000 or I go for those 270's.
    Either way will need a decent bookshelf pair for zone 2 a bedroom.
    Clearance /display stuff would be fine if a good deal can be had.I'll also need cable.

Cheers

slave1 wrote: »
    Cheers
    250 arrived today, cheers.
    Can I have a receipt please and what finish are the boxed 370subs?
    Cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Cheers
    Cheers
    Slave - that 250HD is a beauty isnt it?? And I told you it was in good nick - a complete steal! - i've just seen one still on sale with a dealer in the ROI at €285 - more than twice what you paid for yours ( and thats a discounted price :eek:)

The R370's we have are in Black Piano Lacquer - I've just taken one myself ( to add to the 2 R360's I already have) at £199.95 / €239.99 - they are a complete steal! The same dealer in the ROI isselling them at over €500..

Keep us posted and enjoy your 250!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mnms67

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure what funds I have available at the minute so i'm just thinking about some different possibilities.... and these prices are about as good as it gets and i'd hate to pass them up!

So I have a Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 package which was a nice introduction to home cinema but there are fairly basic and I often get distracted when viewing just wishing they could be that bit better ( i do like the sub however)

Anyway i was playing with the idea of replacing the vector left and rights with R90HD's and then maybe a 225/250 HD as centre, keep my sub and then either go without my surrounds or not i don't mind.

Was just wondering if i could only get a centre or the R90's what would the best bet be? Like would a 225/250hd be completely out of sync with my vectors given the step up in quality? Also what is the possibility of going without a centre and using two 90HD's with my vector sub? It's a relatively small room.

Could I also get a price in euro including delivery for the total cost of two R90Hd's and either of the centre speakers? I'm open to any suggestions as to how I can improve on what I have as I'm unsure where to go from here.

Thanks, and sorry for the long post.
    Emmet.

• Advertisement

Mnms67 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm not sure what funds I have available at the minute so i'm just thinking about some different possibilities.... and these prices are about as good as it gets and i'd hate to pass them up!

So I have a Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 package which was a nice introduction to home cinema but there are fairly basic and I often get distracted when viewing just wishing they could be that bit better ( i do like the sub however)

Anyway i was playing with the idea of replacing the vector left and rights with R90HD's and then maybe a 225/250 HD as centre, keep my sub and then either go without my surrounds or not i don't mind.

Was just wondering if i could only get a centre or the R90's what would the best bet be? Like would a 225/250hd be completely out of sync with my vectors given the step up in quality? Also what is the possibility of going without a centre and using two 90HD's with my vector sub? It's a relatively small room.

Could I also get a price in euro including delivery for the total cost of two R90Hd's and either of the centre speakers? I'm open to any suggestions as to how I can improve on what I have as I'm unsure where to go from here.

Emmet.
    Mnms67,

really apologies for the delay getting back to you - I took the weekend off ( regretting it now!)

We are complately sold out of the Radius 90HD's now - we do have the new Radius 90 in stock at £279.95 / pair and they are fantastic but they may be out of your price range? However how about using 3 * Radius R225HD's across the front - I have a very few of the fab Radius R225HD's left that we can clear at a completely silly £89.95 each - honestly you will never ever get a deal on radius ANYWHERE to match this!

Thanks again and apologies for the delay and of course keep us posted of we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Guys,

Emmet.
    Mnms67,

really apologies for the delay getting back to you - I took the weekend off ( regretting it now!)

We are complately sold out of the Radius 90HD's now - we do have the new Radius 90 in stock at £279.95 / pair and they are fantastic but they may be out of your price range? However how about using 3 * Radius R225HD's across the front - I have a very few of the fab Radius R225HD's left that we can clear at a completely silly £89.95 each - honestly you will never ever get a deal on radius ANYWHERE to match this!

Thanks again and apologies for the delay and of course keep us posted of we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    No problem at all about the delay, thanks for getting back to me,

Unfortunately at the moment three 225's are out of my budget range ( and it's killing me!) 

So i'm trying to make the best of what I can afford. What i most notice about the vectors is how shallow and quiet the dialogue is. I can turn up the centre channel but then it's out of sync with everything else and it can be very irritating.

So i'm just wondering, how would a 225 as centre match with the left and right vecotrs? Obviously it it less than ideal as the speakers are in a different class.

But i have heard that about 80% of the sound will come from the centre channel (am i right?) so i'm just wondering what would it be like with my vectors and a 225hd centre until i had the budget to uprage the left and right? Given how (i think) it's my centre that is the part that is lagging behind the most?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Emmet.
    Mnms67,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    No problem at all about the delay, thanks for getting back to me,

Unfortunately at the moment three 225's are out of my budget range ( and it's killing me!) 

So i'm trying to make the best of what I can afford. What i most notice about the vectors is how shallow and quiet the dialogue is. I can turn up the centre channel but then it's out of sync with everything else and it can be very irritating.

So i'm just wondering, how would a 225 as centre match with the left and right vecotrs? Obviously it it less than ideal as the speakers are in a different class.

But i have heard that about 80% of the sound will come from the centre channel (am i right?) so i'm just wondering what would it be like with my vectors and a 225hd centre until i had the budget to uprage the left and right? Given how (i think) it's my centre that is the part that is lagging behind the most?

Thanks
    Of course the 225 as your dialogue speaker will be a huge advance on your Vectors, but cool the jets for a moment - what AV Receiver are you using as to be honest the Vectors are actually really good speakers and should not sound shallow or quiet at all! - perhaps your setup is wrong? or the speakers are out of phase or you need to go back to factory settings and start setting up the system again to get the best out of it?

I'd far rather get to see if there is an issue in the 1st instance rather than just getting you to shell out for new speakers ( although I'd like that as well :) )

If you wanted to check you AVR model and setting and come back to us - thats the place to start I feel..

ATVB,

John Mc

Hi John,

This is my first home cinema system so you'll have to bear with me if i say anything silly!

I'm running them through an Onkyo tx-nr414 that i bought off you a year or two ago. 

I'll try my best to explain: For most things I find the vectors quite good, movie soundtracks are really great sound effects for the most part are quite good. I always find, however that as soon as dialogue begins, voices are quiet and without what i would describe as punch or depth (these descriptions proabably don't help i'm not sure how to describe sound!)

So i turn up the master volume for dialogue scenes and then as soon as there is music, sound effect/explosion the volume is far too high. I have on occasion turned up the centre channel speaker but i find then to be only okay, the centre doesn't match in this case (turned up too high) and voices still sound what i would describe as shallow. 

Only very deep voices sound clear (probably the sub coming in). Crossover is at 80hz.

When all speakers are playing together, ie. soundtracks or loud effects, they sound great, but when it's just voices, or even something small like a car door closing coming predominantly from the centre channel, it sounds too quiet.

So i was sondering if the 225 would help this or maybe that's not the right move.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers
    Cheers
    Slave - that 250HD is a beauty isnt it?? And I told you it was in good nick - a complete steal! - i've just seen one still on sale with a dealer in the ROI at €285 - more than twice what you paid for yours ( and thats a discounted price :eek:)

The R370's we have are in Black Piano Lacquer - I've just taken one myself ( to add to the 2 R360's I already have) at £199.95 / €239.99 - they are a complete steal! The same dealer in the ROI isselling them at over €500..

Keep us posted and enjoy your 250!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Honestly, I really need to avoid this forum, I'll take a boxed Radius 370HD in Piano Lacquer Black after chatting with John yesterday.
    PM sent to a couple of ye now to take the order.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gsp119

hi - Would you guys have  370HD sub and R225hd BLACK avail? defiinately don't need - but what the hell:D

gsp119 wrote: »
    hi - Would you guys have  370HD sub and R225hd BLACK avail? defiinately don't need - but what the hell:D
    GSP,

unfortunately I gave slave (above) a wrong steer re the R370 subs - unfortunately we only have an open box marked one left in black which I'll clear at £149.95 - we do have R225's left no problem that I'll clear at £89.95 in black

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gsp119

gsp119 wrote: »
    GSP,

unfortunately I gave slave (above) a wrong steer re the R370 subs - unfortunately we only have an open box marked one left in black which I'll clear at £149.95 - we do have R225's left no problem that I'll clear at £89.95 in black

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    thanks for the reply John - is it badly marked? if not I will take it with the R225

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jaybeeveedub

Hi lads,

what have you left in the way of floorstanders?

JB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi JB.

Is is the Radius floorstanders that you are interested in ?

We only have 1 paif of Radius 270's left.

These are the shop pair and have a few marks and are in the black finish.

We can clear these at £229.95 with delivery at £12.99.

We can email you a picture if you would like one.

ATB

Dave

Hi JB.

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave,

I was thinking more along the lines of rx6?

JB

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi JB.

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave,

I was thinking more along the lines of rx6?

JB
    Hi JB,

Nice choice.

Unfortunately we only have our walnut display pair of RX6s left in stock.  

How about RX8s?  I have one brand new pair left in black oak, and our display natural oak pair.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 11 clemaob

Hi John how much for the last pair of RX6. Alan

Hi JB,

Nice choice.

Unfortunately we only have our walnut display pair of RX6s left in stock.  

How about RX8s?  I have one brand new pair left in black oak, and our display natural oak pair.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

How much would the walnut rx6 set me back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi guys.

The last pair of RX6 would be £369.95 with delivery at £12.99.

We only have RX8's left in black and natural oak.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.