If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MONITOR AUDIO RADIUS HD / SILVER SERIES CLEARANCE

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Wilted.

Cheers for the post and you may just make it !

Want to PM me your address etc and I'll put an order up and then we can come back to you once I get an availability from Monitor Audio ?

Many thanks

Dave
    wilted wrote: »
    Ah how did I miss this.....
    Any chance there's
    A pair of rx6's, rx centre and rxfx rears in walnut or black oak left?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

PCDub wrote: »
    Did the extra shipment land yet?  
    Hi PC....we had 1 delivery with another one expected early next week.

I'm pretty certain that we have your RX2 speakers in stock. Want us to give you a buzz and get them sorted ? Walnut ?

ATB

Dave
    Anytime after 11am tomorrow is ok.
    Cheers.

Hi Wilted.

Cheers for the post and you may just make it !

Want to PM me your address etc and I'll put an order up and then we can come back to you once I get an availability from Monitor Audio ?

Many thanks

Dave
    Ah how did I miss this.....
    Any chance there's
    A pair of rx6's, rx centre and rxfx rears in walnut or black oak left?
    Hi Wilted.

You are in luck.

We have 1 of each of these available in the Walnut finish in stock in Belfast.

The black is looking unlikely due to shortages in the RXFX at Monitor Audio.

Give me a call on 0044 333 900 0070 (option 2) if you would like to take these as I suspect that they won't hang around.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 24 wilted

Hey Dave,

Just tried you there but the lines are down for the evening, I definitely take them and i'll give you a bell in the morning.

Thanks,

Wilted

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Dave,

Just tried you there but the lines are down for the evening, I definitely take them and i'll give you a bell in the morning.

Thanks,

Wilted
    Hi Wilted,

Did you get hold of Dave ok?

Chris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 wilted

Hey Chris,

I did indeed thanks, now just waiting to try these bad boys out over the long weekend :) Fantastic service big thanks to Dave.

Thanks,

Wilted

Hey Chris,

I did indeed thanks, now just waiting to try these bad boys out over the long weekend :) Fantastic service big thanks to Dave.

Thanks,

Wilted
    Hi Wilted,

Good to hear.  You're in for such a treat :)

Enjoy.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kwazar

Hi,

Any RX6 Rosenut - £409.95 or RX6 Walnut - £409.95 left? Have you heard them with Marantz pm6004? I wonder would it have enough power to drive RX6?

Cheers.

Did the extra shipment land yet?  
    Hi PC....we had 1 delivery with another one expected early next week.

I'm pretty certain that we have your RX2 speakers in stock. Want us to give you a buzz and get them sorted ? Walnut ?

ATB

Dave
    Anytime after 11am tomorrow is ok.
    Cheers.
    Any sign of the speakers lads.

Sorry, tried you yesterday but phone was out of service. Speakers are leaving today and be with you tomorrow.

Hope you love them !

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Sorry, tried you yesterday but phone was out of service. Speakers are leaving today and be with you tomorrow.

Hope you love them !

ATB

Dave
    Im blaming my mobile provider...;)

Cheers Dave looking forward to getting them up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 WJA

WJA wrote: »
    Hi Anthony.

I'm glad to see that John hasn't lost his business sense and is trying to make money somewhere but that price isn't right.

We can round that system off to £2700 including delivery and I really don't reckon that you will get that system anywhere remotely close to that.

In saying that, can I throw a spanner in the works as we have some of the Onkyo TXNR1010 left which we can do brand new at the clearance price which is £1199.95 so the total would work out at £2738 as the Onkyo is down from £2000 and we don't have any more movement on it.

This for me would offer a better match for the RX speakers and a better buy as the Pioneer can be a little on the bright side with the RX speakers but the Pioneer is a really good receiver also.

I hope this helps but let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave
    Hi Dave,

I thank you very much for mentioning that the RX speaker may be too bright pair with the Pioneer; I  have two questions that I hope you will give an opinion on:

1.) I intend to use the speakers and AV for both music and movies (about 60% music & 40% movies), how suitable would the Onkyo and RX speakers be for music (would the pioneer have the upper hand paired with the RX speakers for music play-back)?

2.)If I go for the Onkyo & RX speakers pairing would I have any problem using a Pioneer LX55 Blu-ray player with the Onkyo TXNR1010 AV (I know that Pioneer equipment can be difficult to match)? 

I sorry for all the questions but the price of AV and speakers is quiet major for me and I want to make sure that I choose the best for my needs!

Regards,
    Antony.
    Hi Anthony,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Dave is off for the weekend so I'm replying on his behalf.

The Onkyo and Pioneer are both fantastic amps and both would sound great with the RX set up.  I would lean more towards the Onkyo myself with the RX set up.  Not only is it a great deal at that price, it's also sounds fantastic.  The Onkyo is a nice all rounder so great for both music and home cinema.  The Pure Audio feature works a treat and makes a nice difference to the amp for stereo.  

On the blu-ray front there'd be no problem pairing it with the Onkyo.  Would work very well together.

Hope this has answered your questions.

Chris

Hi Chris / Dave,

Thanks for your opinions; I have decided to stay away from the Pioneer as a partner to the RX speakers!  I looked-up the Onkyo line up of AV amps, by any chance do you have any of the Onkyo TXNR717 AV left (as I feel that it would suit my needs)?

If you have a TXNR17 in stock, I am looking for a package deal for the Onkyo TXNR17 AV with Monitor Audio RX 5.1 speaker system with Piano black Gloss finish (Pair of RX6, Pair of RXFX, One RX Centre & One RXW12 Sub); delivered to Ballina Co. Mayo.

I have seen the Onkyo TXNR17 listed on RicherSounds.com web site! If you can do me a deal on the above bundle I would like to make order and arrange payment details as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Antony.

Hi Lads,

I forgot to ask about getting some speaker cable when on the phone yesterday.  I got some monitor audio silver bi-wire awhile back for the BR6's and now have wired the RX8s with it and the sound is mind blowing. So was wondering is this still available.  If not what other cable would you recommend for the rx2's.  I'll need about 8 metres.

Cheers.

Hi Anthony.

I'm glad to see that John hasn't lost his business sense and is trying to make money somewhere but that price isn't right.

We can round that system off to £2700 including delivery and I really don't reckon that you will get that system anywhere remotely close to that.

In saying that, can I throw a spanner in the works as we have some of the Onkyo TXNR1010 left which we can do brand new at the clearance price which is £1199.95 so the total would work out at £2738 as the Onkyo is down from £2000 and we don't have any more movement on it.

This for me would offer a better match for the RX speakers and a better buy as the Pioneer can be a little on the bright side with the RX speakers but the Pioneer is a really good receiver also.

ATB

Dave
    Hi Dave,

I thank you very much for mentioning that the RX speaker may be too bright pair with the Pioneer; I  have two questions that I hope you will give an opinion on:

1.) I intend to use the speakers and AV for both music and movies (about 60% music & 40% movies), how suitable would the Onkyo and RX speakers be for music (would the pioneer have the upper hand paired with the RX speakers for music play-back)?

2.)If I go for the Onkyo & RX speakers pairing would I have any problem using a Pioneer LX55 Blu-ray player with the Onkyo TXNR1010 AV (I know that Pioneer equipment can be difficult to match)? 

I sorry for all the questions but the price of AV and speakers is quiet major for me and I want to make sure that I choose the best for my needs!

Regards,
    Antony.
    Hi Anthony,

The Onkyo and Pioneer are both fantastic amps and both would sound great with the RX set up.  I would lean more towards the Onkyo myself with the RX set up.  Not only is it a great deal at that price, it's also sounds fantastic.  The Onkyo is a nice all rounder so great for both music and home cinema.  The Pure Audio feature works a treat and makes a nice difference to the amp for stereo.  

On the blu-ray front there'd be no problem pairing it with the Onkyo.  Would work very well together.

Chris

Hi Chris / Dave,

Thanks for your opinions; I have decided to stay away from the Pioneer as a partner to the RX speakers!  I looked-up the Onkyo line up of AV amps, by any chance do you have any of the Onkyo TXNR717 AV left (as I feel that it would suit my needs)?

If you have a TXNR17 in stock, I am looking for a package deal for the Onkyo TXNR17 AV with Monitor Audio RX 5.1 speaker system with Piano black Gloss finish (Pair of RX6, Pair of RXFX, One RX Centre & One RXW12 Sub); delivered to Ballina Co. Mayo.

I have seen the Onkyo TXNR17 listed on RicherSounds.com web site! If you can do me a deal on the above bundle I would like to make order and arrange payment details as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Antony.
    Hi Anthony, unfortunately the 717 has just gone end of line as the 727 has been around for quite a while.

The 727 is the new model with wifi and bluetooth and while the 717 has a few extra connections, the new 727 sounds much better than the 717 did so they have made some good improvements on the performance as well as adding some good features.

We can knock a further £100 off the 727 to try to soften the blow so this would make the system price £2139.75 for the piano black kit with the 727 including delivery.

This is quite a step down from where we were originally with the 1010 but the 727 is a very good receiver also.

The only issue that we may be facing is stock availability on the Piano black as time goes on.

Keep us posted on any thoughts you have.

ATB

Dave

Hi PC.

The Monitor Audio cable is not made any longer.

The closest alternative which is better than the MA cable is QED silver anniversary.

This is £6.50 per metre and if you are bi-wiring them then it would be double that.

Let me know if you need 16m and I'll work you out a price.

ATB

Dave
    Hi Lads,

I forgot to ask about getting some speaker cable when on the phone yesterday.  I got some monitor audio silver bi-wire awhile back for the BR6's and now have wired the RX8s with it and the sound is mind blowing.  So was wondering is this still available.  If not what other cable would you recommend for the rx2's.  I'll need about 8 metres.

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply Dave, it does look like quality cable but I'll have to wait till next payday before I can think about getting some.

Also, I received the rx2s yesterday and was charged for delivery. As far as I can see on this thread and I did ask the question after John posted the second price list that delivery was included in the price.  Can you have a look at this. Cheers.

Thanks for the reply Dave, it does look like quality cable but I'll have to wait till next payday before I can think about getting some.

Also, I received the rx2s yesterday and was charged for delivery. As far as I can see on this thread and I did ask the question after John posted the second price list that delivery was included in the price.  Can you have a look at this. Cheers.
    Hi PCDub.

Apologies that we charged you shipping on these speakers. 
    We will refund the delivery back to you today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Hi PCDub.

Apologies that we charged you shipping on these speakers. 
    We will refund the delivery back to you today :)
    Same here. I was charged delivery on the RX1's but no mention of it when I was putting the order through.

Before it's refunded though...... Any RXFX left in black oak if I can convince the boss?

Hi All.

I have done a recheck on the Shipping charges and I don't see anything after the reprice on page 6 regarding free shipping?

Maybe i have just missed it but as the speakers are going so cheap we have to charge the £12.99 delivery.
    We have always done our best to give Boardies the very best price possible and feel that on the Monitor Audio pricing this is one of the best deals we have offered to date.
    The RX range in most cases are less than half price!

Again apologies if there has been any confusion regarding this.

There does seem to be some confusion here alright.  There was no mention of shipping charges in John's updated pricelist in post #55.  I then asked if shipping was included in the new prices when i asked for the rx2's in post #61 and was told that shipping was still included in the price in post #67.

Thats what i was basing my assumption of free shipping on but i totally agree, they are great prices for the speakers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mno101

Guys,

Monitor Audio are introducing a revised series of Radius speakers so it's time to wave a tearful goodbye to some of the existing Radius HD stocks at crazy pricing.

I have the following available - all brand new & boxed:

RADIUS 45HD ( Pairs) Were £169.95 / Pair
    Ultra Compact bookshelf speaker with wall brackets included.

Now reduced to just HALF PRICE
    £84.90 / Pair

(Available in Piano Black and Piano white at the moment - Brand new Boxed)
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/support/past-products/radius-hd/r45hd/
    r45hd.large.jpg

RADIUS 90HD (pairs) Were £279.95
    Bookshelf speakers including quality wall brackets.

Less than HALF PRICE
    £129.90 / Pair
    (Available in Piano white at the moment - Brand new Boxed)
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/support/past-products/radius-hd/r90hd/
    r90hd.large.jpg

RADIUS 180HD Were £169.95 (Each)
    AV Centre speaker

Less than HALF PRICE
    £83.90 (Each)
    (Available in Piano black / Walnut or Rosemar at the moment - Brand new Boxed)
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/support/past-products/radius-hd/r180hd/
    r180hd.thumb.jpg

RADIUS 225HD Were £249.95 (Each)
    AV Centre speaker / Bookshelf speaker

Less than HALF PRICE
    £99.95 (Each)
    (Available in Piano black / Walnut at the moment - Brand new Boxed)
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/support/past-products/radius-hd/r225hd/
    r225hd.large.jpg
    (shown as a pair - priced singly!)

RADIUS 270HD Were originally £599.95 (Pair)
    Stunning slim-line Floorstanding speaker (Pair)

Less than HALF PRICE
    £249.95 (Pair)
    (Available in Piano white at the moment - Brand new Boxed)
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/support/past-products/radius-hd/r270hd/
    r270hd.large.jpg

RADIUS 360HD Were originally £399.95 (Each)
    Compact Active Subwoofer - 100 Watts

Less than HALF PRICE
    £169.95 (Each)
    (Available in Piano Black / Piano White / Walnut at the moment - Brand new Boxed)
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/support/past-products/radius-hd/r360hd/
    r360hd.large.jpg

RADIUS 370HD Were originally £499.95 (Each)
    Compact Active Subwoofer - 250 Watts!!

Less than HALF PRICE
    £229.95 (Each)
    (Available in Piano Black / Walnut at the moment - Brand new Boxed)
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/support/past-products/radius-hd/r370hd/
    r370hd.large.jpg

SILVER SERIES

Silver RX1 Were originally £449.95 (Pair)
    Top quality 5 Star reviewed wood veneer bookshelf speaker

Less than HALF PRICE
    £229.95 (Pair)
    (Available in Black Oak / Walnut at the moment - Brand new Boxed)
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/silver-rx/rx1/
    rx1.large.jpg

Silver RX2 Were originally £499.95 (Pair)
    Top quality wood veneer bookshelf speaker

Less than HALF PRICE
    £239.95 (Pair)
    (Available in Black Oak at the moment - Brand new Boxed)
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/silver-rx/rx2/
    rx2.large.jpg

Silver RX6 Were originally £749.95 (Pair)
    Top quality wood veneer floorstanding  speaker

Almost HALF PRICE
    £399.95 (Pair)
    (Available in Black Oak / Natural Oak at the moment - Brand new Boxed)
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/silver-rx/rx6/
    Review here:
    http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Monitor-Audio-Silver-RX6/
    rx6.large.jpg

Silver RX8 Were originally £999.95 (Pair)
    Top quality wood veneer floorstanding  speaker

Less than HALF PRICE
    £479.95 (Pair)
    (Available in Black Oak / Walnut at the moment - Brand new Boxed)
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/silver-rx/rx8/
    rx8.large.jpg

Silver RX Centre Were originally £349.95 (Each)
    Top quality polished lacquer AV Centre speaker

Less than HALF PRICE
    £169.95 (Each)
    (Available in Piano Black at the moment - Brand new Boxed)
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/silver-rx/rx-centre/
    rx-centre.large.jpg

Silver RX FX Rear Surround Were originally £399.95 (Pair)
    Top quality wood lacquer Rear AV Speaker

Less than HALF PRICE
    £189.95 (Pair)
    (Available in Black Oak at the moment - Brand new Boxed)
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/silver-rx/rxfx/
    rxfx.large.jpg
    (also available in Piano Black at £229.95 / Pair)

We have all the above in stock and ready to ship ( Ireland only) if you are interested, as ever, please just drop us a PM or an email to sales@richersounds.ie and we will arrange delivery or of course a demo for you,

Delivery included in all the above prices!

Thanks as ever,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew
    RS,
    Have you got any of the 
    RADIUS 45HD Pair - Black

Kind Rgds
    mno101

Hi there.

We have 2 left in black, 1 in white.

If you would like a pair, please PM me a contact number and we'll contact you for some details.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi PC, just to confirm.

The post at 55 does not mention delivery on it. Initially the idea was to clear our remaining stock. To do this, we had offered free delivery at the inital pricing.

When we then had the option to bring in more stock, at a very similar price, we could not offer the free delivery and had to increase the costs very slightly.

As Kenny said previously, we do try our best and that was a genuine deal and we were, by rather a long stretch, cheaper than anywhere else in the UK and Europe (I would guess).

I hope this explains.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

Pm sent re order

GG66 wrote: »
    Pm sent re order
    Hi GG,

Speakers reserved for you :)

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 18 WJA

Hi Anthony.

ATB

Dave
    Hi Dave,

Regards,
    Antony.
    Hi Anthony,

Chris

Hi Chris / Dave,

Regards,
    Antony.
    Hi Anthony, unfortunately the 717 has just gone end of line as the 727 has been around for quite a while.

The 727 is the new model with wifi and bluetooth and while the 717 has a few extra connections, the new 727 sounds much better than the 717 did so they have made some good improvements on the performance as well as adding some good features.

We can knock a further £100 off the 727 to try to soften the blow so this would make the system price £2139.75 for the piano black kit with the 727 including delivery.

This is quite a step down from where we were originally with the 1010 but the 727 is a very good receiver also.

The only issue that we may be facing is stock availability on the Piano black as time goes on.

Keep us posted on any thoughts you have.

ATB

Dave
    Hi Dave,

I thank you for you reply.  I would love to go for the TX NR1010 but my budget will not allow me to and still be able to purchase cables required (speaker cable, etc...).

I require speaker cables, fitted with either Airloc or Banana Plugs on both ends, for the following lengths:

4.5M cable by 2 for the fronts,
    3M cable for centre,
    8M cable by 2 for the surrounds

I am thinking either Audioquest FLX-Slip 14/4 or QED Silver Anniversary XT custom, what would you advise?  Could I use two different cables (AudioQuest FLX-Slip 14/4 for the front and QED for the rest) or would it be best to stay with one cable type?

I will also need a suitable cable (5M) for the Sub, what your advice?

What you best price for the above cables plus the Onkyo TX RN727 with the Monitor Audio RX 5.1 speaker (Piano black finish) delivered to Ballina Co Mayo.

I hope to have placed my order by the weekend, I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
    Antony.

Hi Anthony, thanks for the reply.

My suggestion would be to not plug the ends of the cables and use some the money to buy either a better receiver like the Yamaha RXA830.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxa830/yama-rxa830

This will provide a much improved sound over the Onkyo compared to putting plugs on the cables which make connecting up easier bit will not improve the sound a great deal.

For example : QED Airloc plugs are £10 per pair. If you plug each end of the cable, this is £100 worth of plugs.

This would be much better spent on the amp and the Yamaha 830 would not be a lot more expensive than the Onkyo after this money was taken into account....based on a system price :-)

The QED cable is excellent and works really well with the RX speakers, so this is the cable that I would use.

Let me know on the plugs and amp and I can fire you a quote through.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

The RX2's arrived yesterday and are now ready for extensive testing this weekend :-)

Many thanks to the Richerounds guys for excellent service and cracking prices, as always.

Looking forward to the next round of deals !

kao123 wrote: »
    The RX2's arrived yesterday and are now ready for extensive testing this weekend :-)

Many thanks to the Richerounds guys for excellent service and cracking prices, as always.

Looking forward to the next round of deals !
    Hi Kao,

Your neighbors will love you!

Enjoy :)

Chris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 radeontser

Hey guys,

Received the rx8's the other day amazing value and service   thanks. I'm now looking for a stereo amp for them was considering a marantz pm-ki pearl lite, do you think this would be a good  pairing or is there any other similar price amps that might be a better match. Always looking for a deal so any open boxes / ex demo would be great  thanks again 

Radeontser

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.