If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MONITOR AUDIO RADIUS HD / SILVER SERIES CLEARANCE

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

radeontser wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Received the rx8's the other day amazing value and service   thanks. I'm now looking for a stereo amp for them was considering a marantz pm-ki pearl lite, do you think this would be a good  pairing or is there any other similar price amps that might be a better match. Always looking for a deal so any open boxes / ex demo would be great  thanks again 

Radeontser
    Hi Radeon,

Good to hear :D  Got a great deal there, unreal speakers!!  

For an amp to go with these bad boys I'd recommend the Roksan Kandy K2.  Current price on this is £825.00, little more than the Marantz but it really is worth it.  We had the Roksan paired up with the RX8s for a while in our demo room and then went perfectly together.  Really nice sound!  Here's a link to the What HiFi 5* review (the only thing they knocked was the look of it )

http://www.whathifi.com/review/kandy-k2-amp

And here's a link to the spec.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/roksan/kandy-k2/roks-k2-amp-blk

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Itsbigboss

Coming VERY late to this party.... What have you got left in the RX series. Want to get a full 5.1 set up out of these if possible! Cheers guys!

Itsbigboss wrote: »
    Coming VERY late to this party.... What have you got left in the RX series. Want to get a full 5.1 set up out of these if possible! Cheers guys!
    Hi Bigboss,

Better late than never.

We have a few pairs of the RX6s left, few centres and RX2s.  What finish would you be interested in?  Could check that out for ya.  Fingers crossed we have matching set.

Oh we also have the sub here ok :)

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 26 radeontser

Hey, 

Thanks for the reply, I think if I was to go the extra money I might consider the new roksan kandy k2 bt with only £70 in the difference also now considering a reasonable dac as i mostly use my pc as a source  but money is getting tight now, any deals you could offer for the two that might help me make my mind up:)  

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kwazar

We have a few pairs of the RX6s left
    Hi there,

Do you have them in Walnut or Rosenut?
    I wonder which one would have a better resale value? Is Rosenut popular around Ireland?

As well, will Marantz pm6004 drive them OK or should I upgrade?

Cheers
    kwazar

• Advertisement

kwazar wrote: »

Hi there,

I wonder which one would have a better resale value? Is Rosenut popular around Ireland?

Cheers
    kwazar
    Hi Kwazar.

We currently have the RX6 left in Black Oak, Rosenut and Natural Oak.

I'm not sure on the resell value on the RX6 speakers or the popularity of the Rosenut finish in Ireland. For us the Rosenut sells as well as the rest of the range.
    The price we have listed for these speakers are crazy!

The PM6004 would drive the RX6 speakers with no problems. As with everything the is always better.
    For an upgrade you could you at the:

Marantz PM6005 priced at £379.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/marantz/pm6005/mara-pm6005-blk

Cyrus 6a Amp priced at £749.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/cyrus/6a/cyru-6-a-blk

Hi there,

Cheers
    kwazar
    Hi Kwazar.

I'm not sure on the resell value on the RX6 speakers or the popularity of the Rosenut finish in Ireland. For us the Rosenut sells as well as the rest of the range.

The PM6004 would drive the RX6 speakers with no problems. As with everything the is always better.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/marantz/pm6005/mara-pm6005-blk

Hi,
    I thought 45W coming out of PM6004 might not be enough for RX6. PM6005 has the same rating while Cyrus is even slightly less at 40W according to your website.
    I guess I'll just give it a try and see how it works.

Could you please reserve RX6 in rosenut for me.

Hi there,

Cheers
    kwazar
    Hi Kwazar.

Hi,
    I thought 45W coming out of PM6004 might not be enough for RX6. PM6005 has the same rating while Cyrus is even slightly less at 40W according to your website.

Hi.

While the Marantz is only 45W it will still drive the RX6 speakers. It does mean that the speakers would have a look more to give if you every go to change your amp.

If you could drop me your details in a PM I can have the order placed onto our system.
    When would you be looking them shipped?

Hi Bigboss,

Better late than never.

We have a few pairs of the RX6s left, few centres and RX2s.  What finish would you be interested in?  Could check that out for ya.  Fingers crossed we have matching set.

Chris

Am going all out here for loft conversion - dedictated room. Any RX 8 left? Otherwise was looking at 2 x RX 6 sets for front & rears with centre, sub and FX as sides. Colour match necessary for other half acceptance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

radeontser wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Received the rx8's the other day amazing value and service   thanks. I'm now looking for a stereo amp for them was considering a marantz pm-ki pearl lite, do you think this would be a good  pairing or is there any other similar price amps that might be a better match. Always looking for a deal so any open boxes / ex demo would be great  thanks again 

Radeontser
    PM Sent.

Keep me posted.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Kwazar, sorry to jump in on this.

The issue is not always power as this is a rating that is provided as a guide and is not always accurate I may add.

What I would be more focused on is, does the quality of amplifier match up to that of the speakers and are you getting the most from the speakers ?

The PM6004 is a very good amplifier but for me they deserve something better to really make them shine. The PM6004 works really well with the likes of the BX5 but the 6's are in a different class.

The Cyrus 6A may be slightly less powerful (on paper) but in terms of how the system sounds, it will well outperform the PM6004 in every aspect. The 6A gets a great review and is a brilliant amplifier.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/cyrus-6a

This would by personal choice, as the two work brilliantly together. We have had this running in the demo room for quite some time with the 6's and the sound was amazing. They seem to gel very well together as the Cyrus has quite a warm sound and neutral sound and the RX6's add a bit of detail and balance to the sound.

The 6A and the RX6's make a brilliant combination.

I hope this helps but I just wanted to help you to take the focus off power ratings and focus more on how the speakers sound.

ATB

Dave

Hi there,

Cheers
    kwazar
    Hi Kwazar.

Hi,

Hi.

While the Marantz is only 45W it will still drive the RX6 speakers. It does mean that the speakers would have a look more to give if you every go to change your amp.

If you could drop me your details in a PM I can have the order placed onto our system.
    When would you be looking them shipped?

WJA wrote: »
    Hi Anthony.

I'm glad to see that John hasn't lost his business sense and is trying to make money somewhere but that price isn't right.

We can round that system off to £2700 including delivery and I really don't reckon that you will get that system anywhere remotely close to that.

In saying that, can I throw a spanner in the works as we have some of the Onkyo TXNR1010 left which we can do brand new at the clearance price which is £1199.95 so the total would work out at £2738 as the Onkyo is down from £2000 and we don't have any more movement on it.

This for me would offer a better match for the RX speakers and a better buy as the Pioneer can be a little on the bright side with the RX speakers but the Pioneer is a really good receiver also.

I hope this helps but let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave
    Hi Dave,

I thank you very much for mentioning that the RX speaker may be too bright pair with the Pioneer; I  have two questions that I hope you will give an opinion on:

1.) I intend to use the speakers and AV for both music and movies (about 60% music & 40% movies), how suitable would the Onkyo and RX speakers be for music (would the pioneer have the upper hand paired with the RX speakers for music play-back)?

2.)If I go for the Onkyo & RX speakers pairing would I have any problem using a Pioneer LX55 Blu-ray player with the Onkyo TXNR1010 AV (I know that Pioneer equipment can be difficult to match)? 

I sorry for all the questions but the price of AV and speakers is quiet major for me and I want to make sure that I choose the best for my needs!

Regards,
    Antony.
    Hi Anthony,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Dave is off for the weekend so I'm replying on his behalf.

The Onkyo and Pioneer are both fantastic amps and both would sound great with the RX set up.  I would lean more towards the Onkyo myself with the RX set up.  Not only is it a great deal at that price, it's also sounds fantastic.  The Onkyo is a nice all rounder so great for both music and home cinema.  The Pure Audio feature works a treat and makes a nice difference to the amp for stereo.  

On the blu-ray front there'd be no problem pairing it with the Onkyo.  Would work very well together.

Hope this has answered your questions.

Chris

Hi Chris / Dave,

Thanks for your opinions; I have decided to stay away from the Pioneer as a partner to the RX speakers!  I looked-up the Onkyo line up of AV amps, by any chance do you have any of the Onkyo TXNR717 AV left (as I feel that it would suit my needs)?

If you have a TXNR17 in stock, I am looking for a package deal for the Onkyo TXNR17 AV with Monitor Audio RX 5.1 speaker system with Piano black Gloss finish (Pair of RX6, Pair of RXFX, One RX Centre & One RXW12 Sub); delivered to Ballina Co. Mayo.

I have seen the Onkyo TXNR17 listed on RicherSounds.com web site! If you can do me a deal on the above bundle I would like to make order and arrange payment details as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Antony.
    Hi Anthony, unfortunately the 717 has just gone end of line as the 727 has been around for quite a while.

The 727 is the new model with wifi and bluetooth and while the 717 has a few extra connections, the new 727 sounds much better than the 717 did so they have made some good improvements on the performance as well as adding some good features.

We can knock a further £100 off the 727 to try to soften the blow so this would make the system price £2139.75 for the piano black kit with the 727 including delivery.

This is quite a step down from where we were originally with the 1010 but the 727 is a very good receiver also.

The only issue that we may be facing is stock availability on the Piano black as time goes on.

Keep us posted on any thoughts you have.

ATB

Dave
    Hi Dave,

I thank you for you reply.  I would love to go for the TX NR1010 but my budget will not allow me to and still be able to purchase cables required (speaker cable, etc...).

I require speaker cables, fitted with either Airloc or Banana Plugs on both ends, for the following lengths:

4.5M cable by 2 for the fronts,
    3M cable for centre,
    8M cable by 2 for the surrounds

I am thinking either Audioquest FLX-Slip 14/4 or QED Silver Anniversary XT custom, what would you advise?  Could I use two different cables (AudioQuest FLX-Slip 14/4 for the front and QED for the rest) or would it be best to stay with one cable type?

I will also need a suitable cable (5M) for the Sub, what your advice?

What you best price for the above cables plus the Onkyo TX RN727 with the Monitor Audio RX 5.1 speaker (Piano black finish) delivered to Ballina Co Mayo.

I hope to have placed my order by the weekend, I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
    Antony.
    Hi Anthony. I have just checked with Monitor Audio and they are down to single figures in the Piano on the 6's and the rears. They are so short on the 6's that they would physically have to check them.

I would need to moving on these today if you wanted to get them otherwise we could miss the boat.

Let me know if you have any thoughts on the last reply that I sent.

ATB

Dave

Hi Bigboss,

Better late than never.

Chris

Am going all out here for loft conversion - dedictated room. Any RX 8 left? Otherwise was looking at 2 x RX 6 sets for front & rears  with centre, sub and FX as sides. Colour match necessary for other half acceptance...
    Hi itsbigboss.

We have : 2 x pairs of RX6's - black oak, RX Centre - black oak. The rears are the only issue. We have 1 pair in black gloss left which is the only pair close to the black. These are slightly more expensive than the black oak ones but not by much.

Let me know if you would like to go ahead with these. The subwoofer is continuing on so getting stock of this is not a problem.

We have guy in the demo room at this very moment who is doing a demo on RX6's and he's looking black, so if these sell, I may have to get another pair in for you.

Many thanks

Dave

This would by personal choice, as the two work brilliantly together. We have had this running in the demo room for quite some time with the 6's and the sound was amazing. They seem to gel very well together as the Cyrus has quite a warm sound and neutral sound and the RX6's add a bit of detail and balance to the sound.

The 6A and the RX6's make a brilliant combination.
    I will think about it. Thank you Dave.
    I'll try them with PM6004 first and ping you back for an upgrade maybe in January.

I sent you PM last night with my contact details BTW.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 WJA

Hi Anthony, thanks for the reply.

My suggestion would be to not plug the ends of the cables and use some the money to buy either a better receiver like the Yamaha RXA830.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxa830/yama-rxa830

This will provide a much improved sound over the Onkyo compared to putting plugs on the cables which make connecting up easier bit will not improve the sound a great deal.

For example : QED Airloc plugs are £10 per pair. If you plug each end of the cable, this is £100 worth of plugs.

This would be much better spent on the amp and the Yamaha 830 would not be a lot more expensive than the Onkyo after this money was taken into account....based on a system price :-)

The QED cable is excellent and works really well with the RX speakers, so this is the cable that I would use.

Let me know on the plugs and amp and I can fire you a quote through.

ATB

Dave
    Hi Dave,

Sorry I did not reply sooner but I was in hospital over the weekend. I am taking your advice and have decided on the Yamaha RXA830 AV with the Monitor Audio RX6 AV12 5.1 speakers (Piano Black finish) with 30m of QED Silver Anniversary XT speaker cable ( I will cut it to desired lengths myself) I also need a suitable cable for the Sub to AV connection; please would you give me best quote for the above including delivery and tell me how to take it to the next step (make payment, etc..). If you require I can pay a deposit today on my visa card for the total price of package or the total amount for the speakers with the balance later ( I would like to pay by credit card for the extra insurance cover on purchase, I would not be able to pay today for all as I am waiting for money I paid into my credit card account to clear)!

Regards,
    Antony.

Hi itsbigboss.

We have : 2 x pairs of RX6's - black oak, RX Centre - black oak. The rears are the only issue. We have 1 pair in black gloss left which is the only pair close to the black. These are slightly more expensive than the black oak ones but not by much.

Let me know if you would like to go ahead with these. The subwoofer is continuing on so getting stock of this is not a problem.

We have guy in the demo room at this very moment who is doing a demo on RX6's and he's looking black, so if these sell, I may have to get another pair in for you.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

Could you give me a price for 2 x pairs RX 6s , the black centre & the piano black RXFX please?

Cheers

Hi Anthony, thanks for the reply.

My suggestion would be to not plug the ends of the cables and use some the money to buy either a better receiver like the Yamaha RXA830.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxa830/yama-rxa830

This will provide a much improved sound over the Onkyo compared to putting plugs on the cables which make connecting up easier bit will not improve the sound a great deal.

For example : QED Airloc plugs are £10 per pair. If you plug each end of the cable, this is £100 worth of plugs.

This would be much better spent on the amp and the Yamaha 830 would not be a lot more expensive than the Onkyo after this money was taken into account....based on a system price :-)

The QED cable is excellent and works really well with the RX speakers, so this is the cable that I would use.

Let me know on the plugs and amp and I can fire you a quote through.

ATB

Dave
    Hi Dave,

Sorry I did not reply sooner but I was in hospital over the weekend. I am taking your advice and have decided on the Yamaha RXA830 AV with the Monitor Audio RX6 AV12 5.1 speakers (Piano Black finish) with 30m of QED Silver Anniversary XT speaker cable ( I will cut it to desired lengths myself) I also need a suitable cable for the Sub to AV connection; please would you give me best quote for the above including delivery and tell me how to take it to the next step (make payment, etc..). If you require I can pay a deposit today on my visa card for the total price of package or the total amount for the speakers with the balance later ( I would like to pay by credit card for the extra insurance cover on purchase, I would not be able to pay today for all as I am waiting for money I paid into my credit card account to clear)!

Regards,
    Antony.

Hi Anthony, sorry to hear that you were in hospital. Hope all is O.K. Can you PM me a phone number as I've checked yesterday afternoon with Monitor Audio and they got back to me just now and the ones that had are now gone so I can't get the 6's in the piano black. They have no more coming in.

The stock situation on these is changing by the minute and we missed the boat on the piano finish for the floorstanders.

They have stock of the black oak but not sure if this is a suitable replacement.

Let me know.

ATB

Dave

Hi itsbigboss.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

Could you give me a price for 2 x pairs RX 6s , the black centre & the piano black RXFX please?

Cheers
    Hi there.

It would appear that the gloss rears went yesterday afternoon.

I may be able to get another pair of black oak from Monitor Audio.

The price would be £1175 including shipping for RX6, RX centre and RXFX all in the black oak.

I need to move quickly as, as above, the stock is disappearing fast.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Dave, 

If you can get the black RXFX rears I will take the package above. Let me know if you can get them!

Big Boss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Do you have any RX8s left in black oak?

• Advertisement

Hi Dave, 

If you can get the black RXFX rears I will take the package above. Let me know if you can get them!

Big Boss
    Sorted. Got a pair reserved for you in Monitor Audio.

We can get the other pieces reserved if you can drop me a PM with our contact number.

ATB

Dave

edit ....sorry your number as we wouldn't want to ring ourselves !

Cheers Dave!

PM sent!

Got you in my diary for tomorrow.

Talk in the morning,

ATB

Dave

Hi Altheus, unfortunately we are down to our last demo pair and they are not black.

I am waiting an email from Monitor Audio to see if they have any left.

I'll come back to you shortly.

ATB

Dave
    Altheus wrote: »
    Do you have any RX8s left in black oak?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

Hi chaps,  As I ponder what to buy myself for Christmas - I finally find this thread.... is it fair to assume that this boat is well and truly missed?  RX1 - specifically?!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Raffeal

John,

Do you have any of the Silver RX FX Rear Surround left?

If so put me down for a pair

Raffeal

Hi chaps,  As I ponder what to buy myself for Christmas - I finally find this thread.... is it fair to assume that this boat is well and truly missed?  RX1 - specifically?!
    Hi Victor, any particular finish and I'll see if we can secure something or any finish ?

ATB

Dave

Hi Raff.

Not sure on these.

We are trying to get more in but waiting to hear.

Any particular finish suit you ?

I know the black is like gold dust.

ATB

Dave
    Raffeal wrote: »
    John,

Raffeal

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

Hi Victor, any particular finish and I'll see if we can secure something or any finish ?

ATB

Dave
    Hi Dave,

My preference is in this order - Gloss White, Gloss Black, Black Oak, Natural Oak.   

Hooking up to a Sonos Connect Amp - should be fine, right?

Thanks a million!  

V.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Raffeal

Hi Raff.

Not sure on these.

We are trying to get more in but waiting to hear.

Any particular finish suit you ?

I know the black is like gold dust.

ATB

Dave
    Raffeal wrote: »
    John,

Raffeal
    Hi Dave,

Don't mind about the finish, could certainly live with the silver finish, especially if you can throw in some cable:)

I'm planning on using them for rear surrounds on my Apex set up, I'll either move the A10s to the side or front.

Do you think they'll match?

Raff

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.