Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can salesmen call at night?

Options
  • 25-09-2013 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Yesterday @ 9 pm got a phone call from someone saying he is from the UPS and he want to offer me a TV package

Do salesmen can call at any time they want to do so?

I heard that it can not be done without your prior permission
    and definetly not after 6 pm

Is it true?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭carol clery

UPS is a delivery company. Maybe a scam

The thread title hurts my head.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I assume you mean UPC OP, as UPS don't do any TV services.

Off hand they can call up until 9pm, its certainly not 6pm like you believe it is.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You can put yourself on the 'do not call' register in the National Directory Database.

http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/cold_calls___a_quick_guide_to_preventing_unwanted_calls_from_direct_marketing_companies.235.LE.asp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Ask the sales rep for his home or mobile number so you can ring him when he's at home and annoy the **** out of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

It's going to be some poorly managed person in a call centre. Not their fault they will have been told "do it or find another job". Put yourself on the no call list. They can call anytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Maybe, the call centre is on the other side of the globe, meaning in a different time zone?

And then, if you are a customer with UPC already, would they not have your number in their database anyway, never mind ComReg?

Advertisement