Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop to buy more powerful laptops/pcs

Options
  • 25-09-2013 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hello,

Does anyone know any shops in Dublin that sell laptops/pcs that are more powerful than usual. For example, I walk in to Curry's/PCworld/Harvey Norman and at the highest they have i5 processors.

I know about internet shopping but I am looking for a physical shop.

Anyone know any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Hmm - not been to them in a fair awhile, but there was a PC components shop near CineWorld in Dublin, on side road beside ToySmiths. You could try your luck there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Hmm - not been to them in a fair awhile, but there was a PC components shop near CineWorld in Dublin, on side road beside ToySmiths. You could try your luck there.

You mean Maplin? Nah, there's no laptops there. High powered laptops are only available online, OP. And they'd be a lot cheaper online than in an Irish high street shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 hellomotto

What I'm looking at is an ASUS UX31a.

Hi OP, welcome to Boards. I've moved your thread to the Dublin City forum as you will get better answers here.

Please read the Dublin City charter before posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Rod Serling

Yeah you'd really want to get any high powered PC or laptop online. PC World and Currys are owned by the same company so they'll have the same stuff for the most part, although they did have some high end stuff in their liffey valley store last time I was there. Never been in Harvey Normans.

Anyway, Check out Komplett and Pixmania. I have no idea why you wouldn't buy online, you'll pay more in a shop here and get asked if you want Norton ten times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement