Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to deal with NON Christmas people??

Options
  • 25-09-2013 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I love Christmas - all year round and always did! :)

So.... my question, to those of you who share my enthusiasm...
    how do you deal with "those" who think the middle of December
    would be a perfect time to start talking Christmas.... ????

And "those" people are you SO or immediate family???

Thanks, C.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I have a few Bah! Humbugs in my immediate family. I just sing my Christmas songs louder when they are there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Title of this thread is misleading - i`m not a NON christmas person, but I do like to celebrate it on december 24th - december 26th, not in July:P

Title of this thread is misleading - i`m not a NON christmas person, but I do like to celebrate it on december 24th - december 26th, not in July:P

This is the Christmas forum so anyone who's not festive from Jan 1st to Dec 31st is by our definition is certainly a NON Christmas person. Or Bah! Humbug!, Grinch or an Ebeneezer Scrooge as I prefer to call them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SilSil

Actually all these NON Christmas guys are pretty lonely on this holiday, that is why they do not love it. Just ignore them, as soon as they spend some lovely Christmas, they'll be changed

P.S. or just tell them they're stupid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

thats like saying you can only enjoy the sun in July and August. If it shines any other month people should automatically moan and look for rain. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

thats like saying you can only enjoy the sun in July and August. If it shines any other month people should automatically moan and look for rain. :D

So true, we're only "allowed" to talk about Christmas in December yet people who love Summer are allowed to moan about its absence when Winter comes!! What's up with that??!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Double standards is what it is!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Nicely put. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Great reasoning, sure let`s celebrate easter, st.patrick`s day, birthdays, etc all year round too

The great thing about this forum is posters not having to justify themselves for enjoying Christmas early/all year around.

Perhaps any 'non Christmas people' could come back in December to enjoy the festivities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Food food food, No expenses spared. Who could resist

Year round we have to worry about what we buy and how much our shopping bill is
    Christmas is the time to hock that out the window and buy everything u like in the food department.

Steaming hot mince pies available whenever. Tins of biscuits ready to go. Roast Chicken and turkey and delicious Ham with Cranberry sauce roast potatoes with mashed potatoes and Gravy made from the fat of all the delicious meats. Crack open Selection boxes, give the crunchie to Dad. Turkey sandwiches for a week afterwards.

Aw seriously if that wont convert em they never will

Thanks for making me hungry now. :mad: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SilSil

Posy wrote: »
    Thanks for making me hungry now. :mad: :pac:

:D:D:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Great reasoning, sure let`s celebrate easter, st.patrick`s day, birthdays, etc all year round too

if that's what makes you happy then why not, I know people can't wait for cadbury creme eggs to come out after Christmas - its a sign of easter. Easter eggs are in the shops for months before Easter. If you love Easter then go ahead and celebrate for as long as possible - you can spend weeks deciding which eggs to get for people, how to decorate your eggs for the egg hunt, telling small children about the easter bunny, how you are going to decorate your house, what you want for dinner - Christmas is no different.

If you love easter, you should set up a thread on it. Same for birthday's Paddy's Day.

For me, it's all about the magic of christmas.... I love it - but I do understand and have met the people who look at "magic" and scorn it as a cheap trick - I pity them - I prefer get right into the magic. So much more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Freddo123

I leave them to live in their own misery if that is what they want to be like it. I'm not going to let those who don't enjoy the holidays ruin how I feel about them. Nobody in my family is like this but I've a couple of friends who are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

I've heard they make great sandwiches on Stephens Day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I find it funny how much people complain about the Christmas stuff in the shops from September. It happens every year yet people will act shocked and upset when they see this for the first time :pac:

Was chatting to a worker in a shop the other day while looking at Christmas stuff. She was telling me she had a lady in who was just getting the last of her Christmas shopping and putting up the tree next week, how dare she! Well you don't have to live with her so what's the problem....

I find it funny how much people complain about the Christmas stuff in the shops from September. It happens every year yet people will act shocked and upset when they see this for the first time :pac:

Was chatting to a worker in a shop the other day while looking at Christmas stuff. She was telling me she had a lady in who was just getting the last of her Christmas shopping and putting up the tree next week, how dare she! Well you don't have to live with her so what's the problem....

You know I just don't get why some people get worked up because other people enjoy Christmas and being organised! Getting offended by things that don't affect you directly, is crazy!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

My housemate says no Christmas talk until December. I think she's crazy. She's also "not sure" if she'll decorate the house (:confused:) and if she does, she's militant about the fact that they have to come down on the 5th January (I think I'll get fairy lights for my room and just leave them up until it starts getting bright in the evenings again)

Although she also looked at me like I had two heads when I bought pumpkins to carve for Halloween. "We never did Halloween when I was growing up" she said. Deprived childhood alert!

Did they carve turnips when she was a child? :pac:
    Thank god she has cats so at least she can't be all bad!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

To be fair I don't think Halloween is as big in the UK as it is in Ireland, there's much more focus on Bonfire Night a few days later - a lot of people here seem to think it's some crass American import.

Christmas though, why on earth not?! (I've suggested Christmas collars for the cats and I think she might go for it... Play on people's weaknesses, that's how you get the Christmas spirit going...)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Bah Humbug popping in.

It doesn't do much for me but as they say, 'each to their own'. I just leave those who enjoy it to enjoy it and help myself to all the excess free food :pac:

I don't enjoy people sniping at me for not particularly giving a continental one about it so why should I snipe at people who do enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Few Hot ciders and a platter full of cocktail sausages, Chicken wings, springrolls & samosas.

Tis the season baby!

Scarinae wrote: »
    To be fair I don't think Halloween is as big in the UK as it is in Ireland, there's much more focus on Bonfire Night a few days later - a lot of people here seem to think it's some crass American import.

Christmas though, why on earth not?! (I've suggested Christmas collars for the cats and I think she might go for it... Play on people's weaknesses, that's how you get the Christmas spirit going...)
    Ah yes, Guy Fawkes is more their thing of course!
    You can get Santa hats and little Christmas outfits for cats. :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Best thing to do is like that Belgian village. Christmas is banned for 50 weeks a year. Yanks in Santa suits have been arrested.

But during that two weeks it's undiluted Christmas.

I think you're in the wrong forum if you think that Christmas should be banned for 50 weeks a year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

CarrieAnne wrote: »
    Hi all,

I love Christmas - all year round and always did! :)

So.... my question, to those of you who share my enthusiasm...
    how do you deal with "those" who think the middle of December
    would be a perfect time to start talking Christmas.... ????

And "those" people are you SO or immediate family???

Thanks, C.

get "them" into your car .dead lock all doors and pop in the ultimate christams song cd and blast it out of the car radio and sing away to all the songs . it will work wonders on "their" festive attitude .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Happy Festivus one and all :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Posy wrote: »
    I think you're in the wrong forum if you think that Christmas should be banned for 50 weeks a year.

http://download.lardlad.com/sounds/season17/bonfire5.mp3

From the Simpsons Bonfire Of The Manatees
    Elf: Welcome to Santa's Village where it's Christmas every day. Closed on Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Happy Halloween everyone - last day before real countdown begins :D:pac:

Advertisement