Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to deal with NON Christmas people??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SilSil

leahyl wrote: »
    Happy Halloween everyone - last day before real countdown begins :D:pac:
    Wohoooou :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Crazy Eye wrote: »
    get "them" into your car .dead lock all doors and pop in the ultimate christams song cd and blast it out of the car radio and sing away to all the songs . it will work wonders on "their" festive attitude .

Fold them up carefully before putting into boxes and store away with the other decorations for 11 months of the year. They'll come to love xmas, I'm certain of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Title of this thread is misleading - i`m not a NON christmas person, but I do like to celebrate it on december 24th - december 26th, not in July:P

Who celebrates Christmas in July ?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

Original poster here -
    non of the ideas worked - my Husband found thread ..... :eek:

Still as its now the 1st of November .... I am now talking Christmas even if he is NOT ready!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Ach, xmas is like, sooo October. I'm gearing up for Easter now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The best way to spread some Christmas cheer is to sing aloud for all to hear! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Loughc wrote: »
    The best way to spread some Christmas cheer is to sing aloud for all to hear! ;)

Make work your new favourite!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm a big Christmas fan, but as an old retail worker I can sympathise on one of their points....

It is kinda petty though to be actively campaigning against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SilSil

Like this one :D the more noticeable the better! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Jesus, there musn't be a lot worrying them in their lives....

leahyl wrote: »
    Jesus, there musn't be a lot worrying them in their lives....

My first thought was I'd love to have as much spare time as them. Of course if I did I'd spend it doing something a lot more positive!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

my family doesnt speak , my mam and dad are divorced and hate each other , my brother & his fiance dont speak to my mam and my mam isnt into xmas that much !! but that doesnt stop me singing and doing my own thing watching xmas films and having my own xmas morning and my own christmas eve/day & stephens days rituals that i do every year ,that doesnt bother me anymore cause i know one day ill be greatfull to have a family of my own that will enjoy it all together

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I was taking off my Halloween nail polish, and I said something like "I'll have to put on Christmas nail polish next, ha ha" to my housemate. She replied "You're not allowed until December"

Wtf?!

So, does anyone know where I can get the most blatantly Christmassy nail polish of all time?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Scarinae wrote: »
    I said something like "I'll have to put on Christmas nail polish next, ha ha" to my housemate. She replied "You're not allowed until December"
    Not allowed!? Da fuk!?

You could use red, black, white and gold polish to do little Santa buckles nails (linked a pic) or traditional glittery red and gold/green polish- or with brown and white polish and some holly stickers you could do mini puddings!

Christmas+Nails+-+Christmas+puddings.jpg

Or you can get some great festive nail stickers on amazon! This is the link

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Or little Santa ones like these! :)Photo is massive...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love Christmas nails! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Christmas has been "happening earlier every year" since I was a kid (60s-70s). If this was true, it would be year-round by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Working in retail certainly made me hate all the songs, and it's a terrible time to work retail anyway!
    That said, if more people did their Christmas shopping earlier and/or throughout the year, it would alleviate the pressure in December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Posy wrote: »
    Not allowed!? Da fuk!?

You could use red, black, white and gold polish to do little Santa buckles nails (linked a pic) or traditional glittery red and gold/green polish- or with brown and white polish and some holly stickers you could do mini puddings!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TdVQqG9rN6E/UMZ0RZ0bbOI/AAAAAAAADRA/SS3Yhkabm8w/s400/Christmas+Nails+-+Christmas+puddings.jpg

Or you can get some great festive nail stickers on amazon! This is the link
    Those pudding nails are gorgeous. I am definitely doing them this year.

My bf isn't big into Christmas at all :( He works in retail and hates the month of December, and specifically Xmas week as customers expect them to magically have their stuff* ready on demand and to hell with the queuing process.

*He works in IT and Christmas is the busiest time for repairs etc and if customers don't have their iPhones, laptops etc in time for the big day they aren't happy, despite maybe only dropping it in 2-3 days before Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

As much as he hates it, you shouldn't be ashamed that you love it! I hope he's willing to compromise and lets you spread a bit of Christmas Cheer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

<snip>

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Scarinae wrote: »
    I said something like "I'll have to put on Christmas nail polish next, ha ha" to my housemate. She replied "You're not allowed until December"

So my housemate really is militant on the ‘no Christmas until December’ thing. She won’t eat Christmas biscuits in November, for example.

The place where she volunteers at weekends has them all dressing up as elves from this weekend, so she’ll be dressed as an elf on Saturday. Saturday which is still in November :D

Advertisement