Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook 2010 with Exchange Office 365 - Offline

Options
  • 25-09-2013 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Arrrghhh, trying to configure a new PC with an Office365 Exchange account.

I constantly get the error "Outlook is offline" and "Cannot resolve name"

I've followed the steps on Office 365 portal to setup the local machine (something to do with an OWA login module).

But Outlook is driving me crazy, keeps starting up in offline mode, if I set up a new account with the correct details it goes off and verifies the server/username/password and then asks to restart outlook.

Then on restart it asks for the password for the account (where I can also click "Remember me") but it won't login...just keeps reprompting with the password box and telling me that outlook is offline.

Anyone come across this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

"Cannot resolve name" sounds like a sound place to start debugging.
    What happens if you open the address in a web browser or attempt to ping it?

Are you within a company LAN whose local DNS Server might contain entries that might conflict with those of the Office 365 account?

Does Outlook behave any differently from a home internet connection?

Also is the setup working for others in the same building?
    Is it a fresh email domain, or one in the process of transitioning from another service or a local Exchange server?

Advertisement