Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre to be rolled out in our locality, unfortunately..have been told that my line i

Options
  • 25-09-2013 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Have been living with half mb broadband for the last years, dedicated eircom customer but am so frustrated, why is my line "weak", am I living on top of mt. everest???, neighbours two doors down can get reasonable bb, however, i'm constantly stuck with .49mb transfer. What makes my line weak..and how can this be fixed. I'm in Kilcoole, in Wicklow and it seems to be a bb blackspot!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Have been living with half mb broadband for the last years, dedicated eircom customer but am so frustrated, why is my line "weak", am I living on top of mt. everest???, neighbours two doors down can get reasonable bb, however, i'm constantly stuck with .49mb transfer. What makes my line weak..and how can this be fixed. I'm in Kilcoole, in Wicklow and it seems to be a bb blackspot!
    Hi gorehoundess

Can you send me a PM with your tel no: or address and I can run some checks on the line and broadband connection for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gorehoundess

Hi gorehoundess

Can you send me a PM with your tel no: or address and I can run some checks on the line and broadband connection for you.

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark, just checked again today with the line checker and it seems our area to go live on Nov 6th, so I was chatting to Kevin on the online chat and he gave me a number to ring regarding all my questions.
    I was then talking to Rachel, who informed me that my address and number are linked to the Blessington exchange?????, can you verify this for me please. You said I was on the Greystones Exchange, and now I'm beginning to doubt it, looking at my miserable speeds and always being told that I was on an "extended reach" line.
    thanks. I'm in Kilcoole, on the coast and Blessington has all those wicklow mountains between me and them.?? can this be true?
    regards,
    Valerie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi gorehoundess

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark, just checked again today with the line checker and it seems our area to go live on Nov 6th, so I was chatting to Kevin on the online chat and he gave me a number to ring regarding all my questions.
    I was then talking to Rachel, who informed me that my address and number are linked to the Blessington exchange?????, can you verify this for me please. You said I was on the Greystones Exchange, and now I'm beginning to doubt it, looking at my miserable speeds and always being told that I was on an "extended reach" line.
    thanks. I'm in Kilcoole, on the coast and Blessington has all those wicklow mountains between me and them.?? can this be true?
    regards,
    Valerie
    Hi Valerie

I checked the details again that you PM'd on the 25/09/13 again today with he efibre roll-out team did verify they received confirmation late last week that they are hopeful that orders for your area / address can be placed from the 06/11/13.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement