Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone Property for auction

Options
  • 25-09-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

An Athlone property up for Auction, viewing this Friday....

http://www.allsopspace.ie/auction/lot/4743

I drove along this road a few times and never even noticed these shops!!!

Is there any other auction websites that we can keep an eye on for local properties?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Oh, might turn into another protest :

As for the shops there right beside the old texas center, i think that attitude shop had been closed for 5 years or more, its a pretty bad location. The street doesn't see much footfall despite being located in the middle of town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Sad really, those used to be the main video shop in the town, the most busy laundrette in the town and dooleys flower shop. That place would be buzzing every day of the week. I've no doubt that if they knocked that big monstrosity of a disused multi-story car park there, those units would be a lot more appealing. The whole centre would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

ifeelill wrote: »
    Oh, might turn into another protest :

As for the shops there right beside the old texas center, i think that attitude shop had been closed for 5 years or more, its a pretty bad location. The street doesn't see much footfall despite being located in the middle of town.
    That shop has been closed for 7 years, I know the people who opened it. I agree it's a terrible location and opening any sort of shop along there would be a complete waste of time at the moment. I can't think of much other use for the units either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

The development of the old shopping centre ruined those units, they are staring right into the old multi storey car park of the former texas building.

The whole lot should be knocked at this stage. Its an eyesore.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

charlieIRL wrote: »
    The development of the old shopping centre ruined those units, they are staring right into the old multi storey car park of the former texas building.

The whole lot should be knocked at this stage. Its an eyesore.

That or do it up in such a way that it looks presentable and could be used.

• Advertisement

Its a good location, i wounder if the units were bought could they be knocked and held as a land bank for when there is an upturn in the market. I know if a person holds a empty premisses they are required to pay the council half the full rates they would pay if the shop was trading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Itzy wrote: »

If I was in the pisition to fund it I would turn the place into a concert/gig venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

reserve price €20,000. It needs something in it which doesn't rely on passing trade though...

Itzy wrote: »

true.

Its a wonder the council wouldn't try get the multi storey car park and open it up again. Its not too long a walk from the Town Centre.

true.

Its a wonder the council wouldn't try get the multi storey car park and open it up again. Its not too long a walk from the Town Centre.

Too long a walk from where ?

• Advertisement

Too long a walk from where ?

The Town Centre i.e. church st etc.

The Town Centre i.e. church st etc.

I can walk from the town center to most places in town in 10-20 minutes, can't see why you can't too many pies ?

:pac::pac:

I can walk from the town center to most places in town in 10-20 minutes, can't see why you can't too many pies ?

:pac::pac:

hardy har har.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

It sold yesterday for €47,000

Great location for an apartment block if you ask me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

The immediate area is swamped with Apartments. The area itself, including St. Marys Square and Irish Town needs investment. The entire area looks a bit decrepit and could do with a face lift, well a few places in Athlone could if I'm being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Wouldn't think I'd have bought it, it only has a 999 year lease. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

There is a new place opening in that centre. Well the outside part of it called american bites.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NR04

Who in gods name would have bought them???????

Advertisement