Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI support it's a JOKE

Options
  • 25-09-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi

I'm trying to figure out how to make a transfer to China online without IBAN number, because CHINA dont have IBAN number they are not in IBAN area, all the time when I try add new payees in online banking I see this error: 

“ The details you have entered in the swift address (BIC) field are invalid “ 

swift it's ok because I use him to make transfer to China on the interpay form from my branch, this is not a first payment on this account.

I was in the bank branch they are totally confused, They send me to gray phone in the bank and I call to online banking support, Same story on phone, there Nobody knows what's going on - how to set up transfer to China without IBAN. I call also to payment group on Talbot Street, bank employee told me that they do hundreds of transfers to China per day, and it can be done but she dont know how set up transfer online without IBAN, she sent me back to the branch, in the branch they send me again to the gray phone. So I send email from BOI website to customer service, first ansver was copy and past how to add new payees, I KNOW HOW, I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHINA. There was NO REPLAY, can't explain to the ghost what is the problem, sent again email from BOI website, again write same story but different words.

Today ansver from support:

" In response to your query below, if you have confirmed these payment details and they are correct, please contact Banking365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to look into the matter further for you. "

I'm tired, any smart guy here ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi z300,

We're sorry to hear you feel you have not received adequate support when trying to add the payee.

We believe you raised this query through the Contact Us facility on our main website. In your message to the Contact Us Team, you stated you are adding a payee in Hong Kong. If this is the case, you need to select Hong Kong on the country list. The 365Online system knows the BIC being entered is not valid for China but it will accept it if you select the correct country. We have tested this here and the system accepted the BIC with no issues. 

If you should ever have any issues or queries relating to 365Online, you would be best placed to contact Banking365 by phone or through Online Service Desk when logged on, as advised by the Contact Us Team. The branch staff use a different system to process Interpays and may not be fully familiar with the 365 website.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 10 z300

Hi Tara

I Try with Hong Kong but still same error, screenshot:

1424wt2.jpg

Hi z300,

Sorry to hear you are still having difficulty with adding the payee details. 

In the screenshot above the BIC entered is HSBCHKHHHK however, in your Contact Us message it is HSBCHKHHHKH. It's the BIC in your Contact Us message that we had tested here and this was accepted by our website.

We've checked HSBCHKHHHK on www.swift.com and is not recognised but the site is changing it to HSBCHKHHHKH. 

I hope this helps. If you do have any further issues you really are best to call Banking365, while at your computer and with the payee details to hand.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tara

Agree on the screenshot was mistake, now works fine. Thank You very much, you are great :) 

indeed the solution was hong kong

I have last question:

it's two options there, the limit for mobile phone is 3k, it's also same for postal delivery ? Or there is no daily limit if I choose by post ?

*  By mobile phone (Payments subject to eur 3,000 / gbp 3,000 daily limit)
    *  By post (subject to postal delivery cycle)

Thanks

Hi z300,

Delighted to hear you've now got it sorted and thank you very much, I do try to tell the team here that I'm great but they just never seem to agree! :) 

If you opt for the security code to be delivered by post, the daily limit for that payee would be €12000.

Thanks and if you've any other questions, please feel free to ask.
    Tara

• Advertisement

Thank You very much for your help, Thats all what I would like to know :)

Best Regards

Advertisement