Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Platinum Trophies

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I still dont have a single platinum... I have no idea how you guys manage to get platinums. Some of the achievements are near to impossible to get.

I might work on one platinum and try my luck. I am 38% completion in diablo 3. I checked all the trophies and I might pull that off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I still dont have a single platinum... I have no idea how you guys manage to get platinums. Some of the achievements are near to impossible to get.

I might work on one platinum and try my luck. I am 38% completion in diablo 3. I checked all the trophies and I might pull that off.
    Yeah I think some are impossible for an average gamer like me, you need a short game with collectibles to get you on the ladder, can't believe you don't have any pfffft

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

eddhorse wrote: »
    Yeah I think some are impossible for an average gamer like me, you need a short game with collectibles to get you on the ladder, can't believe you don't have any pfffft

I don't. Actually since I got GTA 5 and diablo 3 its the most I ever played ps3. I got it almost since launch too. I think I might pull off with diablo 3. It will take some time, but I got 2 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just the one for me, Jak and Daxter. I adore that game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Far Cry 3 is an easy one to get imo. The co-op missions can be annoying if only done with 2 players, you really need 4 for some of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Far Cry 3 is an easy one to get imo. The co-op missions can be annoying if only done with 2 players, you really need 4 for some of them.

Yeah it is easy. It's just a bit of a grind. I found the worst bit trying to get some of the relics. You know it's around here somewhere but it's under the mountain and you cant find the entrance. Had a few where I was running around for over an hour trying to figure out how to get to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,827 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have 4 platinums. The Walking Dead (which you get for finishing the game anyway regardless), Assassin's Creed 2 (realised I was close to it anyway just from how much I'd played and the last few were simple enough so just went for it) and both Batman Arkham games (was off work sick for nearly two weeks so helped pass the time).

I don't normally bother though. Especially with more and more games having multiplayer trophies (would have gotten the platinum for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood if not for one trophy which pretty much requires organised boosting to achieve). I've put hundreds of hours into Borderlands 2 but I'd have to go too far out of my way to get the platinum for it. In the end, it's just not worth it. If I'm close (80-90%) to getting the platinum for a game I really enjoy and the remaining trophies sound easy enough to get (or aren't contingent on online), I might take a shot at it, but other than that, I just prefer to play for fun or move on to another game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭_oveless_

I'm very proud of my killzone 2 platinum, beating the game on elite was a true test and the valor grand cross was a lot of fun to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I'm not a fan of multiplayer grind/co-op trophies. I'd platinum AC3 only for this reason.

This is my kind of thread. It's like www.collectoresedition.org except for trophies.

Never let this go to the DREADED page 2 and beyond.

• Advertisement

Any good Vita games to get trophies in? i.e. a bit of grinding, not absolutely mentally difficult....or just a really good Vita game?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Any good Vita games to get trophies in? i.e. a bit of grinding, not absolutely mentally difficult....or just a really good Vita game?

I have a few Vita Platinums. Unit 13 was awesome with a bit of easy grinding near the end. Lego Lord of the rings was fun for me too! Also Sly Cooper and PS All- Stars: Battle royale can be done relatively easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I would plat games more often if the trophies were fair. I could get over the find all feathers/flags/treasure ones, but it's the online ones that stop me chasing them. Some games i just don't want to play online, or the online requires co-op play, which i rarely ever do. I'm a bit of a lone wolf when it comes to gaming. Also, the grinding trophies are a no-go for me. I refuse to do the same thing over and over just to level up/whatever.

I have 3: Jak and Daxter 1, The Walking Dead, and inFamous 1. I'm should have inFamous 2 as i finished the game on Hard, but i didn't know you have to change the difficulty from the original (normal) level on the first playthrough and save it, otherwise the intro automatically starts on Normal. Sucks balls, but i'll play it again some day and get it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Some games i just don't want to play online, or the online requires co-op play, which i rarely ever do.

One of my games, DR2 only needs a co-op playthrough to plat - it would take approx 6 hours to do.

I'm ashamed to say I just got 100% in Paint Park Plus on the Vita (it only took 5 mins though).

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BadmanRiddim

The only plat I ever got was in The Godfather UK because it was stupidly easy and required no extra effort.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I would plat games more often if the trophies were fair. I could get over the find all feathers/flags/treasure ones, but it's the online ones that stop me chasing them. Some games i just don't want to play online, or the online requires co-op play, which i rarely ever do. I'm a bit of a lone wolf when it comes to gaming. Also, the grinding trophies are a no-go for me. I refuse to do the same thing over and over just to level up/whatever.

I have 3: Jak and Daxter 1, The Walking Dead, and inFamous 1. I'm should have inFamous 2 as i finished the game on Hard, but i didn't know you have to change the difficulty from the original (normal) level on the first playthrough and save it, otherwise the intro automatically starts on Normal. Sucks balls, but i'll play it again some day and get it.

This is very annoying. Finished AC Revelations, apart from a couple of challenges, did all the Desmond stuff, and found I was 43% done on trophies:eek: There was I thinking I'd only a few to do for my first platinum!!! Checked AC2, and I'm on 90%, and then realised we had traded it in......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

Have 9 platinum's. Ranging from FPS(COD) to F1 to PES.
    Got to the stage in some games where I only needed two or three trophies for the platinum so went at them and got it. Had 80% on Gran Turismo 5 the last time I was on. I doubt I'd every platinum it though.

Advertisement