Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Online Microtransactions

• 25-09-2013 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭

Not really much mentioned about this but a little bit at the end of the GTAO thread, I dunno how I feel about this, may cheapen the experience a bit, all well and good earning money like everyone else but I dont think I could see myself spending real-world cash to get everything straight away with GTAO....

Will the lot of you be splashing some real cash to get some real estate on day one? Or will you earn it? Having not really gotten too much into the online mode of GTA IV I have quite high hopes for this one.... I just dont know could I part with real money for an online game, I know loads on here will! :)

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/25/grand-theft-auto-online-micro-transaction-details-and-prices-revealed-report/

Eurogamer has spoken to people with early access to Grand Theft Auto Online, and has the details. There will be 4 GTA Online currency cards, with the following UK prices:

- $100,000 Red Shark Cash Card – £1.99
    - $200,000 Tiger Shark Cash Card – £3.49
    - $500,000 Bull Shark Cash Card – £6.99
    - $1,250,000 Great White Shark Cash Card – £13.49

With less than a week before the online modes go live, it seems unlikely that these details will change too severely.

The price of items will vary between the single-player game and Online. So a property that may cost several million in your own game will far cheaper in the Online mode. The most expensive property will set you back $400,000. Conversely, weapon and car mods will be more expensive online so that they’re out of reach when you first start playing.

So, buy spending your real world cash on in-game currency, a low-level player can get faster access to improved vehicles and weaponry.

We can expect full details about GTA Online to be confirmed by Rockstar very soon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah but like any game if you're rubbish doesn't matter how much stuff you have unlocked. Look at all the hackers on games like COD who had every gun and emblem but graduated from the Imperial Stormtrooper academy of marksmanship :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I don't think it'll ruin my experience as I won't be spending any real money on this.

Its not that I don't think the game is worth it, it totally is, but I just prefer having to scrimp and save at the start to afford stuff, takes away the point of the game otherwise!

Advertisement