Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDD constant access Win8.

Options
  • 25-09-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi there.

I've noticed a while back that the hard drive I had windows 8 on, was being accessed every 5 seconds, with roughly anywhere between 5%/10%.

So I thought there was something up, so I decided to format it, and install windows fresh on another HDD. But this one is doing the same, no extra start -up/backround programs running, accept Microsoft Security Essentials. When windows8 is idle, it is still accessing 5/10% every 5 seconds, there can be gaps of no access up to 1 min.

Is this normal, and am I just after realising that my hard drive sounds like this now? It's kinda bugging me, but if it's normal I'll just have to get used to it.

Many thanks for your help.

Advertisement