Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3-Day Ban in Motors Thread

Options
  • 25-09-2013 3:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

Originally Posted by biko
    Dear mathepac,

You have been banned from Motors for three days for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

biko

Moderator Note

Please try to be civil, since previous warnings/infractions doesn't seem to help I'll just move on to bans.

Your post:
    mathepac wrote: »
    Anan1 wrote: »
    FFS, think about what you're saying. An accusation of fraud is not something to be made lightly.
    Calm down dear and mind your language, there might be children listening.

The poster is making no accusations, merely reporting his suspicions to the appropriate authority for investigation. It's the duty of every citizen. smile.png Simplez.

Above is the interaction that resulted in my receiving a ludicrous 3-day ban from Motors.

I responded with a jocose admonishment to a poster who prefixes his post with a "FFS" and I get banned.

Which of my words, the bolded bit, can be interpreted as being "needlessly aggressive or confrontational" or interpreted by any rational person as being in any of the categories described?

This stupid ban needs to be reversed urgently as the 3-day ban starts today and the ban is from a forum I enjoy (most of the time)

Have the mods lost their sense of humour, reasonableness and fair play? Is adoption of this new dour outlook a prerequisite to using the site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi mathepac,

Please bear with us while we have a look at it.

Thanks

Micky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

... Please bear with us while we have a look at it. ...
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,693 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi mathepac,

The moderator is willing to lift the ban this evening so long as you agree to try and be more mindful in future about how you post. You see your post as being humourous and jovial, but it can come across to others differently.

We're asking you to take the ban and this message in the spirit which it's intended, namely to try and prevent any future trouble and make you more aware of how your posts may come across to others. "Jocose admonishments" don't always translate well over the written word.

If you are agreeable to this, the mod will lift your ban this evening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Although feeling a bit like Mr Hobson, a one-day ban is less bad than a three-day ban. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,693 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Alright. Ban will be lifted later this evening.

Thread can be marked as resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement