Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Looking for shared accommodation in Dublin

Options
  • 25-09-2013 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I'm looking for shared accomodation in Dublin in the next few weeks.

I am starting a new job in Beech Hill Business Park in Clonskeagh on Oct 7 and I'm coming up from the country, total newbie to Dublin :O

I've been looking on Daft and so on but there's a lot of shared rooms. I'm 24 and I really would prefer not to share a room.

Anyone know anywhere or can give me any tips? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Look for a small studio ,as i think the old bed sit is a thing of the past .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Thanks Anto. I'm thinking of going up and staying for a few days, looking from afar is just impossible :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

OP that is a popular area for students so there is a lot of demand in the area, especially this time of year.
    You could also search by bus routes that go to the area and live outside that catchment area, just be mindful that although there is a bus depot on one side of the business park only the express buses run to and from it so it's a limited service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭camphor

I know of a vacant room in a house which is in Booterstown near the former Montrose Hotel. It is effectively the other side of the UCD Belfield campus from your work. 20 minute walk, 10 minute cycle, many bus routes. PM for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

OP that is a popular area for students so there is a lot of demand in the area, especially this time of year.
    You could also search by bus routes that go to the area and live outside that catchment area, just be mindful that although there is a bus depot on one side of the business park only the express buses run to and from it so it's a limited service.
    This.

Widen your search area and you should be able to find a non-shared room in a shared house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Thanks everyone! I found somewhere, moving in Sunday. Quite a way from the city centre but there's plenty of buses and the house is gorgeous! Thanks so much again :)

Advertisement