Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handheld Fighting

Options
  • 25-09-2013 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

Street Fighter x Tekken is free on PS Plus this month.

Vita also has Divekick (which is crossbuy btw), Ult. Marvel 3, Mortal Kombat and Yatagarasu will be coming after it moved from 3DS.

Anyone here have any handheld fighters? Streetfighter x Tekken being free seems like the perfect (only) reason to play it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I am a huge fan of portable gaming, but as someone who's developed a lot of Arcade stick muscle memory, I don't find handhelds comfortable for FGs.

Super SFIV on 3DS was alright in small bursts, but any extended play session morphed my hand into a painful claw shape.

That said, I was still totally going to get the 3DS eshop release of Yata, but it looks like that's not going to happen anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Just read injustice is going to vita too
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/25/injustice-gods-among-us-rated-for-playstation-vita/

Re: controls, totally agree.

Back in the day I sunk days into games like explus alpha training mode on the ps pad.
    Not sure how I would fare now.
    I think I could adapt to the 6 button saturn/megadrive alike pads madcatz make, but 4 face for SF, I'm not so sure.

oh btw divekick has local one console multiplayer on vita. so that's kinda fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I got SFxTK on Vita. Used to play it a lot at work but the online was horrid. Nobody played it so you had to wait 20-30 mins between matches for an opponent with a decent connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

I played a fair amount of SFXT on the Vita. It runs well and I found the controls pretty decent if you're used to pad (although I used something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hori-Officially-Licensed-Attachment-PlayStation/dp/B0084SQEO6 which helped a lot)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Yeah the controls were surprisingly good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement