Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would anyone have this book and be willing to sell it?

• 25-09-2013 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am just wondering if anyone has a copy of : Elements of Modern Ship Construction by David J. House (2010) that they would be willing to lend (ideally) or sell second hand.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Have you tried Amazon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,627 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

downwesht wrote: »
    Have you tried Amazon?

I can see why he wants to borrow it :eek:

http://www.amazon.com/Elements-Modern-Construction-David-House/dp/0851748147

Is it the Encyclopaedia Britannica of ship building, or something :confused:

Or gold plated?

ETA - this seems a bit more reasonable, assuming there isn't a catch

http://www.skipper.co.uk/catalogue/item/elements-of-modern-ship-construction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭MrTsSnickers

Hey guys,

ya the price is a touch hefty alright! Tried amazon, ebay, bookdepository, a russian site that looked dodgy as fook! After all my sleuthing I think that I may have a lead either in Canada or the UK - but would also prefer to give someone a few quid for a book they bought and will use for a semester, keep the money local and all that!

thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

abebooks is always useful too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Or (assuming you're not at sea), try your local library. I know they won't have it (or most likely won't), but you can normally order books through the library.

z

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

Some price on that. Have you tried any of the commercial dock yards or boat designers in ireland to see if they have a spare? I dont know much bout commercial boats but yacht desingers like ron holland or mark mills (if hes still based in ireland) might or somewhere like the dry docks in dublin port?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Mankyspuds

Hi Op

Try www.borrowbooks.ie its a little gem of a site, I work in libraries and we use this for ordering books/TV Series/DVDs. In a nutshell its a catalogue of all the items in the various Library systems in the Republic. There are a couple of counties not taking part in this (Kildare is one, can't think of the other) you can order it from home and it will get delivered to your local library just so long as you have valid library card. I will say this, what you are looking for is a fúcking nightmare for libraries, these sort of books get robbed all the time as they will be on courses etc and we almost never re-order them

Hope it's of some help

Mankyspuds

Advertisement