Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sydney hostel advice

Options
  • 25-09-2013 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hey all, I'm heading to Sydney at the start of November. Can anyone recommend a good hostel? Somewhere in a good location and that's safe. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I stayed at Noahs beside Bondi Beach when I came out here first. It's a bit of a dive but the location is excellent, used to love waking up and strolling across the road to the beach! The people there were generally sound too, plenty Irish there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Books4you

I stayed at wake up hostel. Safe and in the main area. Pitt street i think. Train station just across the road. Bar and restaurant downstairs. Cheap dinners, nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Starburst85

Bounce is another nice hostel, clean and modern and location is great, right beside Central station and the city :)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

+1 for Bounce, really clean, good vibe, central location.

And a cool rooftop terrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

If you want something a bit more Sydney then try Billabong Gardens in Newtown. More going on, close to the city, tons of great places to eat, loads of bars, markets on weekends. It even has an Irish bar and a somewhat more underground Irish community than the easter suburbs like Bondi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

pete4130 wrote: »
    If you want something a bit more Sydney then try Billabong Gardens in Newtown. More going on, close to the city, tons of great places to eat, loads of bars, markets on weekends. It even has an Irish bar and a somewhat more underground Irish community than the easter suburbs like Bondi.

I second Billabong Gardens. It's cheap ($160 p/w), good location beside a bus stop and five minutes from the train station, great nightlife in that area, some of the best pubs in Sydney and in the six months I lived in Newtown (2 months in Billabong) I never had any trouble there. It's more of an alternative area as opposed to places like Bondi Junction and Coogee.

Advertisement