Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen bike alert

• 25-09-2013 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

my Honda Varadero 125 went AWOL last night this morning or last night from just off the Howth road at the Fairview end. It's blue and had a fair amount of scuffing on the sides (not done by me).

Reg is 02 D 39968 with around 28,700 miles on it. It had just gotten a hole in an exhaust valve so it's distinctively noisy right now too. It had a Givi top box and one side of the seat was fixed down with a cable tie.

Please keep an eye out and PM me if you have any info. I've only had it 4 weeks so I'm pretty fed up. I can't afford to be without transport for long or to replace it so I could do with some luck here!

I've reported to Gardai and insurance which will obviously take a while to process. I'm ringing some bike shops but they're telling me they wouldn't buy it without documents.

Any ideas what might happen to it or where it might end up? Anywhere I could look for it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

What do you mean. The fairings were in perfect condition along with the exhaust!! ;)

Hopefully it will turn up somewhere as its not a high value bike to be worth stripping or exporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

really sorry to hear, do you have a pic?

Hope it's found anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

What do you mean. The fairings were in perfect condition along with the exhaust!! ;)

Hopefully it will turn up somewhere as its not a high value bike to be worth stripping or exporting.

Just trying to give the distinctive bits! Thanks, hopefully it will, just it's a pain waiting to replace it or get insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

FatherLen wrote: »
    really sorry to hear, do you have a pic?

Hope it's found anyway

I don't have a picture of my one, but it would be just like this one, just with some scuffing on the sides:

http://en.advisto.com/user_images/37276_8825_photo_120.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'd be looking around Kilbarrack, the fields are the back of Darndale and of course never, ever over look Finglas when it comes to a stolen bike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement