Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular savings with lump sum up front?

Options
  • 25-09-2013 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭

I'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to savings. I was looking at this handy guide here but it's not perfect for my needs as it doesn't mention about banks that accept lump sums, for example the top 2 don't accept lump sums on their regular savings offerings. Basically I'm looking for the best option for around 15k I want to put in savings and then save regularly after that?

I was thinking maybe put my lump in something like this and then just set up a separate regular savings account?

Anyone got any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 xstriker

Try this link below (it's An Post) and see what you think, some of the options are tax free (no DIRT)

http://www.statesavings.ie/Pages/AboutAnPost.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

I'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to savings. I was looking at this handy guide here but it's not perfect for my needs as it doesn't mention about banks that accept lump sums, for example the top 2 don't accept lump sums on their regular savings offerings. Basically I'm looking for the best option for around 15k I want to put in savings and then save regularly after that?

I was thinking maybe put my lump in something like this and then just set up a separate regular savings account?

Anyone got any tips?

Regular saver accounts never accept lump sums.

You need to:
    (1) Open an instant acces, notice account or term deposit account for your lump sum.
    (2) Open a regular saver account such as with Nationwide UK @ 4.00%.

Don't go with BoI, like you linked to above, BoI offer poor returns for your money.

Advertisement