Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email signature issue

Options
  • 25-09-2013 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

In the signature at the bottom of the emails is company name/address/logo and contact info. Client rang last week to say that emails started bouncing back to them and their IT person felt it was the signature. Have been using this sig for about a year and no issues. So I would email them and when they went to reply their provider (eircom) wouldnt let it through.

So after a bit of playing around I removed the email & website clickable link included in the sig and seems to be working now. Anyone else having this issue, or know if eircom implemant something recently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

there has to be something else going on there. its a bit silly blocking emails with either sigs or links (well, for eircom anyway). Secondly, is the site its being linked to checked for malware etc? Maybe its on a list somewhere and gets blocked by eircoms antispam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks Maccored, ran Sucuri site check and it says all ok, albeit the Joomla 1.7 is dated

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

I find MX toolbox handy for a quick blacklist check although its usually Eircom IPs being blocked due to trojans, mail bots etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Going by Mxtools it would seem that the site is being flagged for "ivmURI"

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Is the image a .gif? These get stopped by filters all the time - change it to a jpg and test.

• Advertisement
Advertisement