Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Dublin woman with Alzheimers

Options
  • 25-09-2013 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Hope its ok to put this up here, really heartbreaking, hope she is found safe.
    65-year-old Margaret (Peggy) Mangan left Mount Tallant Avenue in Terenure for a walk with her dog, a cavalier King Charles spaniel, just after 11am.

Peggy is around 1.57m (5’2") tall, of very slim build, and was wearing black trousers and a white coat when she left home.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Terenure Garda Station on 01-6666400.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0925/476290-missing-peggy-mangan/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Update.

This is from FB, posted in the last hour.

"PEGGYS DOG / CAVALIER KING CHARLES HAS BEEN SPOTTED EARLIER TODAY AROUND SAINT MICHAELS GIRLS SECONDARY SCHOOL IN FINGLAS WEST , PLEASE PLEASE CAN YOUS ALL GO OUT AND LOOK OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW NO MATTER WHERE YOUA RE IN FINGLAS AND CHECK TO SEE IF YOU CAN FIND THE LITTLE BLACK AND WHITE DOG OR PEGGY RING THE GUARDS OR EVEN 999 OR FONE 0831030755 CIAN WHOS WITH PEGGYS DAUGHTERS SEARHING RIGHT NOW IN THIS AREA PLEASE SHARE"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

poor woman. hope they find her ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Another search for Peggy being organised this morning. Meeting at 10am at DID Electrical Finglas. I'm heading there myself and urge anyone who has a bit of free time to do the same. Just think, this could be any of our mothers/grandmothers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

273534.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

RIP, terrible news

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

My thoughts are with her family. Very sad news.

Fair dues to all who participated in the searches.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 10 junechild

i was so truly sorry to hear the sad outcome of this, i had hope and even little prayer that she would have being found, alas it wasnt to be, her poor dog must have being with her throughout the days and nite, i hope it was just a very tragic accident and that no foul play is found.

may she rest in peace xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

Very sad also to hear that the dog did not make it either. We won't know the full story until later, but I expect the poor thing had not been fed and was exhausted from the walking. Perhaps the same for the poor lady. Truly a tragedy all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 junechild

omg did they poor dog die as well, really thats awful ending i though it was alive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

He died about 3 hours after they found them.

Advertisement