Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to Achieve A3

• 25-09-2013 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am doing a non domestic rating for a 5000m2 building.

Original BER rating produced a certificate which showed a B1 and an energy value of 208kwh/m2/yr.

So having made some improvements and tweaks to the design, I now have the energy value down to 145kWh/m2/yr, but still getting a B1 on the scale.

On both certificate, there is a ratio just under the energy value saying 0.60. This figure doesn't change at all, and this is the figure that I need to get below 0.5 in order to achieve an A3.

Can someone please explain that ratio to me? Is it the ratio of the actual building to the reference building, and if so why isnt it reducing when the energy value reduces? I just cant seem to see an explanation.

Please help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭blacktea

not sure if this reply is too late...the factor is the ratio of the actual or subject building to the notional building. The reference building refers to building regs.

as its a factor the kwhrs have to shift a certain amount before the factor changes even slightly.

Advertisement