Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not happy with the eFibre router at all

Options
  • 25-09-2013 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

(Didn't realise this facility was here)

Anyway. I don't so much have a question; rather, I'd like to make a complaint.

I'd like to refer to this thread, which logs my complaint in full; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057034579

In short....
    Since upgrading to the eircom eFibre service, I, as a household user have been very disappointed with its functionality. Trying to get it to connect to my ps3 has been a laborious ordeal.

Now, I know that the old Netopia box used a different signal and such but it never gave us half as much grief. Since installation, however, it has. And all over one device -- my ps3.

Before you begin to point fingers and say that my ps3 is the cause of the problem, it is not. It worked perfectly fine before the upgrade and has worked with a variety of other routers beloning to other ISP's, while both Wired & Wireless.

I have tried and tried to adjust settings in order to allow my ps3 to connect to the internet and maintain that connection for playing on-line games and downloading digital purchases and such. It took me six phone calls speaking to your frankly lacklustre technical support and a lot of hours consulting with friends and such to at least partially solve this disaster.

Now I don't even know if my connection woes have permanently gone away, but it has rendered me untrustworthy of using the internet on my ps3. And I am also extremely dissatisfied.

So, ah, I'd thought I'd put this out there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Rilgar wrote: »
    (Didn't realise this facility was here)

Anyway. I don't so much have a question; rather, I'd like to make a complaint.

I'd like to refer to this thread, which logs my complaint in full; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057034579

In short....
    Since upgrading to the eircom eFibre service, I, as a household user have been very disappointed with its functionality. Trying to get it to connect to my ps3 has been a laborious ordeal.

Now, I know that the old Netopia box used a different signal and such but it never gave us half as much grief. Since installation, however, it has. And all over one device -- my ps3.

Before you begin to point fingers and say that my ps3 is the cause of the problem, it is not. It worked perfectly fine before the upgrade and has worked with a variety of other routers beloning to other ISP's, while both Wired & Wireless.

I have tried and tried to adjust settings in order to allow my ps3 to connect to the internet and maintain that connection for playing on-line games and downloading digital purchases and such. It took me six phone calls speaking to your frankly lacklustre technical support and a lot of hours consulting with friends and such to at least partially solve this disaster.

Now I don't even know if my connection woes have permanently gone away, but it has rendered me untrustworthy of using the internet on my ps3. And I am also extremely dissatisfied.

So, ah, I'd thought I'd put this out there.
    Hi Rilgar

We have taken all the feed back as well as technical support logging customers dissatisfaction with a lot of the functionality on the F1000 efibre modem. Unfortunately we have very little access to trouble-shoot the set up / settings.

So we have tried escalating these cases but managers in broadband support advised they need customers to call 1890 260 260 (enter your tel no: to be put in an efibre queue) So they can go through some tests step by step.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rilgar

I probably won't be phoning again for a while, but I will log this number. Thanks for the fast correspondence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I probably won't be phoning again for a while, but I will log this number. Thanks for the fast correspondence.
    No problem Rilgar

Let us know how it goes if you do decide to call.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rilgar

A grand 6 or so weeks later, I'm annoyed to report that my problems have returned anew. Up until now they were manageable and easily fixed (usually if i'd get signed out of the PSN I would be able to sign in again straight away) but not lately.

And it all boils down to DNS errors.

What the heck is going on lads?

I am trying really hard to remain reserved about this bluntly put giant fiasco, but I am at my wit's end and am really tempted to curse and shout at you lot for a service that has been extremely underwhelming. Sure, you're testing new ground, of course, but it's been an utter joke.

And what annoys me the most is that I always see eircom guys working outside my door roughly once a month, either at that green box with the latch at the side that carries the eFibre signal thing, or else at some other box or facility that's out there. Yes, they could be working with the phonelines or some other branch of your services, but still.

*Sigh* If I had a choice, I would switch to UPC's internet service in a heartbeat, but my circumstances determine otherwise (i.e I am not the account holder for our eircom thing)

Good day, sirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

A grand 6 or so weeks later, I'm annoyed to report that my problems have returned anew. Up until now they were manageable and easily fixed (usually if i'd get signed out of the PSN I would be able to sign in again straight away) but not lately.

And it all boils down to DNS errors.

What the heck is going on lads?

I am trying really hard to remain reserved about this bluntly put giant fiasco, but I am at my wit's end and am really tempted to curse and shout at you lot for a service that has been extremely underwhelming. Sure, you're testing new ground, of course, but it's been an utter joke.

And what annoys me the most is that I always see eircom guys working outside my door roughly once a month, either at that green box with the latch at the side that carries the eFibre signal thing, or else at some other box or facility that's out there. Yes, they could be working with the phonelines or some other branch of your services, but still.

*Sigh* If I had a choice, I would switch to UPC's internet service in a heartbeat, but my circumstances determine otherwise (i.e I am not the account holder for our eircom thing)

Good day, sirs.
    Hi Rilgar,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're still having ongoing issues. I'm afraid we have very little access to troubleshoot the set up / settings from here.
    We have tried escalating these cases but managers in broadband support advised they need customers to call 1890 260 260 (enter your tel no and option 0) So they can troubleshoot with them to identify the issue and hopefully resolve it.

Sorry I can't help you any further from here.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement
Advertisement