Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help!!

• 25-09-2013 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi Guys, I'm in London at the moment and decided to buy an iphone 5C. My sim card was too big so I got it cut down in carphone warehouse. I am with emobile and when sim was in my S3 it was reading as tmobile.
    When the cut down sim was inserted into the iphone 5C the network is coming up as EE and I cannot make or recieve calls.
    I don't know if it's the phone or the sim.
    Any help on this would be much appreciated! !
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I'm in London at the moment and decided to buy an iphone 5C. My sim card was too big so I got it cut down in carphone warehouse. I am with emobile and when sim was in my S3 it was reading as tmobile.
    When the cut down sim was inserted into the iphone 5C the network is coming up as EE and I cannot make or recieve calls.
    I don't know if it's the phone or the sim.
    Any help on this would be much appreciated! !
    Thanks

You try go settings/carrier/ automatic off then manually select your network and see if that fixes it for now at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

EE should work, mine did in england last weekend and i'm with emobile. just as an FYI you should turn off automatic for the carrier and only pick Tmobile, Orange uk or EE as they all have the cheapest roaming rates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Were you able to make and receive calls before cutting the sim? I was on a rolling contract with meteor a few years ago and when I went to the UK I wasn't able to make or receive calls because I never set up roaming (didn't know I had to set it up!) but I can't remember if I even had a carrier logo at the top

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

I heard of problems reported with EE network and coverage (in fact it was in UK watchdog last night). Try changing the carrier as described above.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Thanks for all your suggestions. I didn't realise EE was a network, I thought it was an error of some kind. Turns out my friend who is here with me doesn't have roaming set up on their phone so that was why I thought I couldn't send/receive calls, when I tried ringing people back home it was fine and they could ring me also :) Panic over! Phew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

You haven't spotted the hilariously overlooked marketing campaigns for "4GEE" then? :pac:

Advertisement