Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EFibre Connection

Options
  • 25-09-2013 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,
    According to the roll out map, I am in an area where eFibre should be rolled out July to September 2013. However, even though I have registered my "interest" there is no sign of it. If its not coming soon, I'm going to switch to a different provider to either save money or, get faster speeds. I've been waiting and waiting, now I'm just getting fed up!

Regards,
    John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,
    According to the roll out map, I am in an area where eFibre should be rolled out July to September 2013. However, even though I have registered my "interest" there is no sign of it. If its not coming soon, I'm going to switch to a different provider to either save money or, get faster speeds. I've been waiting and waiting, now I'm just getting fed up!

Regards,
    John
    Hi Mr mousetrap

The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied.

The dates are also an indication or guideline. There are numerous factors that can affect the completion of an area or cabinet, not just from a cabinet / network works point of view. Also there is efibre system / admin work that needs to completed in full before orders are placed for enabled / activated areas.

As such the guide dates / time frames are always subject to change. 

If you want to send call the efibre team on 1800 661 622 to check if they have any more definitive info.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mr mousetrap

Hi,

Regards,
    John
    Hi Mr mousetrap

The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied.

The dates are also an indication or guideline. There are numerous factors that can affect the completion of an area or cabinet, not just from a cabinet / network works point of view. Also there is efibre system / admin work that needs to completed in full before orders are placed for enabled / activated areas.

If you want to send call the efibre team on 1800 661 622 to check if they have any more definitive info.

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. Of course there are numerous factors that can affect the completion of any project, not just efibre installation; that's what is called planning!

Regrettably, the efibre team can't give me any indication whatsoever!  If I at least knew that I would get it installed within a month or some indication of timescale, then I could make an informed decision to wait or go elsewhere.

If I was to send you my address or telephone number, would you be able to find out? I was lead to believe some months back that I would be able to avail of the service.

Regards,

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,

Regards,
    John
    Hi Mr mousetrap

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. Of course there are numerous factors that can affect the completion of any project, not just efibre installation; that's what is called planning!

Regrettably, the efibre team can't give me any indication whatsoever!  If I at least knew that I would get it installed within a month or some indication of timescale, then I could make an informed decision to wait or go elsewhere.

If I was to send you my address or telephone number, would you be able to find out? I was lead to believe some months back that I would be able to avail of the service.

Regards,

John
    Hi John

I appreciate your point. However until all the efibre network installation is completed and line / account system has been updated and we are certain the orders are being issued the following week. There is no definitive date provided.

So I can not give you a tine frame or certain date you are looking at I'm afraid.

Mark

Advertisement