Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage in the Attic, is it okay?

Options
  • 25-09-2013 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

The ideal place to store my shotgun would be in the Attic (it isn't converted, ie: it is cold in the winter).

Is it more of a problem than storing it in the house? I want to avoid rust.

Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

yes , no problems, the gun will be covered in condensation/moisture when you take it from the cold attic to the warm house, so don't put it straight into a slip or case.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

Hi Drexl,
    Saw you on here a while back, looking for some info for which gun to buy.

Which one did you go for in the end, Browning or Beretta?

Did you go for one each or find a happy medium between ?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

Hi Drexl,
    Saw you on here a while back, looking for some info for which gun to buy.

Which one did you go for in the end, Browning or Beretta?

Did you go for one each or find a happy medium between ?

I went for the 686 from Beretta :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

I think here is a little deumidafier you can get for your safe for this exact reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

The ideal place to store my shotgun would be in the Attic (it isn't converted, ie: it is cold in the winter).

Is it more of a problem than storing it in the house? I want to avoid rust.

Any advice welcome.

Your solution, to both cases, may be a "hot rod" as shown below.

They are sold as dehumidifiers but work by heating up. I wonder if could do double duty and keep firearms warm in a cold attic.

May be worth a shot, they come in bigger sizes and are cheap enough.

As long as the attic isn't heating up and cooling down often, you should be able to oil and store, get a silicon sock to help as well.

Cold air cannot hold moisture as well as hotter air. If you ever go in to a lab that has samples that need to stay dry, they always have the air conditioning on. Works well for computer labs as well.

21%2Bi4BqCsUL._SX342_.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement