Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions on XT60 connectors?

• 25-09-2013 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Been looking at these for a few days now and they look like a nice alternative to deans, or maybe even better.

xt-60-connectors.jpg

What would people's opinion be using these for batteries and AEG's?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

I got a set of them from Hobbyking and changed my 2 AEG's (G36c and M4) to XT60's a few months ago and found them really good, easy to solder and easy to grip when pulling them apart,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭darman28

I use them & find them great, easy to solder on, cleaner finish, easier to take apart, more surface area. only thing is they are not as popular as deans or tamyia so make sure you have your xt60 to deans/tamyia connections made up incase you run low on battery or just always make sure you have your spare battery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭TheHamster

Cracking connectors, as Darman said just make sure you make up a couple of adapters in case you need to borrow a battery on site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

Cheers lads. Very helpful info. I'll make a note on the adaptors, just in case.

One more question - Would the IMAX B6 be a excellent charger to get? Thinking of moving to LiPo's for the first time and I'm looking into a charger.

(Both the XT60 and maybe the IMax will be coming from Hobby King).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

The b6 is an excellent bit of kit, you can charge just about any kind of battery with it. Make sure you get the newer version with its own built in transformer.

• Advertisement

thermo wrote: »
    The b6 is an excellent bit of kit, you can charge just about any kind of battery with it. Make sure you get the newer version with its own built in transformer.

How will I know if it has a transformer (Link)? That isn't the B6-AC with the larger top?

How will I know if it has a transformer (Link)? That isn't the B6-AC with the larger top?

Yep thats the one!!

Yep thats the one!!

Bit pricier than the normal B6, but if it's better, it's worth the money.

The standard one requires you to get a seperate transformer as the charger requires a 12v supply.

The standard one requires you to get a seperate transformer as the charger requires a 12v supply.

Couldn't I just use one of these as a 12v supply for the B6?

12V300MAR.jpg

• Advertisement

Its up to you.........

Its up to you.........

I suppose at the end of the day it's all about money and saving. If I get enough for the B6-AC, I'll buy it for sure.

Thanks thermo.

No bothers

Got the money together and after reading some reviews on Hobby King, I decided to go with the IMax B6-AC. Also ordered the XT60's, silicone wire, heat shrink, etc...

Cheers again for the help lads.

Advertisement