Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stove installation

• 25-09-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,im thinking on buying a stove to stop the draft from the open fire. I saw on the advert website that they are @280. Any idea how much will cost the installation? Also if anyone here knows someone doing this type of work I ll really appreciate a pm.
    Tgank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I'd be very surprised if the company selling the stove didn't have a list of installers, who could offer you a price to use as a ball park figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

There are a few points to note here. There's a mega thread on this topic here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056390351
    A general rule of thumb that I follow is, if it's too good to be true then it's exactly that. A 280 euro stove in all likelihood is going to be made in China from very poor material and could cause you problems if not place your home at risk.

Shop around and research the matter first. Don't just jump into bed with the first cheap deal you see. A stove can be very rewarding when done right.

But try that thread, you'd be better served. :)

Advertisement